jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Spelling checker stopped working

1. Coolpapa profile image89
    Coolpapaposted 23 months ago

Sometime during the past two weeks the spelling checker has stopped working when using Chrome (38). Words are not flagged with a red underline when misspelled and running the spell checker does not move the cursor..

This is not a hub specific problem. I tried it on existing hubs and have the same problem. Everything else seems to work fine!

It also works on Explorer 11 with no problems

Help would be appreciated!

1. Matthew Meyer profile image78
      Matthew Meyerposted 23 months ago in reply to this

I just tested the spellchecker in one of your Hubs and it seems to work and identified and underlined a word with potential spelling issues.

If you clear your cache, upgrade to the latest stable version of Chrome (39.x as on this post) and reboot your computer does the issue persist?

Is the issue sporadic?
      Does it occur only with a specific Hub or capsule?
      Can you share the specific words that are not corrected?
      Can you provide a screenshot and the steps you are performing?

2. Coolpapa profile image89
      Coolpapaposted 23 months ago in reply to this

Matthew:  I did as you requested however the new version of Chrome is still 38

Google Chrome    38.0.2125.111 (Official Build 290379) m
      OS    Windows

On the other hand, spell check is now back working. I suspect some of the Chrome Setting went south and the new software reset them all. Anyway it works and thanks for the help

2. Colleen Swan profile image94
    Colleen Swanposted 23 months ago

I have noticed the same problem, yet sometimes if I return and type a couple of letters it starts to work on that capsule. Sometimes.