jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

Question about filing DMCAs?

1. Cardia profile image90
    Cardiaposted 23 months ago

I recently found that three hubs of mine were posted on other sites - Slideshare, Blogspot and a Turkish site. I filed DMCAs with two of them (I just can't seem to get the Slideshare one filed. It's asking for a copyright number which I don't have).

Hubpages told me about them on October 30th, and I filed the DMCAs about two days later. However in the 'My Account' section, all three hubs still have the little copyright sign by them - they're obviously still there on the websites.

How long to wait normally for the stolen hubs to be taken down from the sites?

Thanks! smile

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 23 months ago in reply to this

On some sites it can take three or four weeks for it to happen - however that doesn't mean the copyright symbol will disappear from your Hubs, because HubPages runs the checker fairly infrequently (it's done by a third party and is expensive, apparently).

For Slideshare, you need to file a complaint with Linkedin:

You don't have to use their copyright form, you can send it by mail instead.

2. Dale Hyde profile image86
      Dale Hydeposted 23 months ago in reply to this

You also have the option of filing with Google to have your copied work taken out of Google Search as well as cache by using the below link:

https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools … otice?rd=1

3. peachpurple profile image78
      peachpurpleposted 23 months ago in reply to this

I have twelve hubs stolen. I didn't file for dmca, just change my contents to get the c removed

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
        Marisa Wrightposted 23 months ago in reply to this

That seems a shame, since you're letting the thieves get away with their theft and you're the one doing the extra work!

2. Matthew Meyer profile image77
        Matthew Meyerposted 23 months ago in reply to this

I just wanted to clarify as it seems perhaps there is some confusion related to duplicate content and copied content.  Duplicate content is not permitted on HubPages.

The copied content message, however, is not the same and duplicate content and also is not something over which your Hub will be moderated.

It is purely an informational message to help you know when your content has been copied so that you can issue a DMCA notice to protect your content.

If you are not concerned with the copied content, then you can simply disregard the message.