jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

Does HubPro Remove Products, and Is It Reversible?

1. Fiction Teller profile image62
    Fiction Tellerposted 23 months ago

Quick question to those who have been through HubPro editing.  This has the do with the fact that some hubs' Amazon and eBay capsules have been grandfathered in in terms of the number of products allowed per capsule - until the capsules are edited.  Then the number of products becomes restricted as per current policy.

When editors tackle your hubs, do they ever remove products from Amazon/eBay capsules that had more products than currently are permitted in the module (having been grandfathered in that way)?  And if so, have you found that you can opt out of this removal as with other kinds of edits and revert to the original (extended) number of products?

I'm asking because when WE change these capsules, we can no longer add back the products if they exceed the limit.  Basically, I want to know if this is one of the edits that wouldn't be reversible.

Thanks in advance!

2. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    LindaSmith1posted 23 months ago

Fiction Teller:  I can't answer your question.  However, when I write a hub, I have not only a copy of the hub, but the ASIN number or name of product along with the copy I save in word. I update it as well.  Sometimes products are no longer available, out of stock indefinitely, or I may take some out and put different ones in, so doing it that way, if I want to move my hub,all of the information is in my copy.

3. Fiction Teller profile image62

Thanks, Linda.  I'm not concerned about losing the information, just the fact that the modules, once edited, won't allow you to add more products than the standard number.

4. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    LindaSmith1posted 23 months ago

If I remember correctly, once a hub has been edited through that program, it is essentially locked for 2 weeks before you can change anything the editor did to it. Once that waiting period is over, then you can do what you want with it.

1. Fiction Teller profile image62

Yes, once the hub isn't locked, it's "yours" again.  What I'm wondering is, if an editor removes a product, can (and will) HubPages override the module's automatic lock on the number of products to make it like it was before the edits, if the author so desires?

2. Millionaire Tips profile image89
      Millionaire Tipsposted 23 months ago

I understand the question and it is a good one.  I hope that the HubPro editor will simply hide your old Amazon capsule and add their new suggestion so that you still have the option of using the old capsule that lets you enter three products in it.  Unfortunately, I don't know the answer.

1. Maina Ndungu profile image86
        Maina Ndunguposted 23 months ago in reply to this

Hi Millionaire tips,
        Which capsule are you talking about that allows you to insert three products in one capsule?

1. Kylyssa profile image95
          Kylyssaposted 23 months ago in reply to this

It no longer exists as something you can add.  The capsules that allowed it are allowed to stay up but it's likely that once those capsules get edited, the ability to have multiple products in them will disappear.  It's a way to gently phase out capsules that aren't the same way anymore without excessively upsetting people who still have and like the old-style capsules on old hubs. 

I'm glad to hear that HubPages phases out old capsules and old capsule functionality so gently.

3. Fiction Teller profile image62

Thank you, MT.  Great idea.  That solution hadn't occurred to me.  I'm guessing I can request this approach of the editor.  Anyone else (HubPages staff?) have feedback on this?