jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

Have you ever spaced a reply to a post?

1. Arachnea profile image85
    Arachneaposted 23 months ago

What I mean, is have you ever keyed in your comment or reply, gotten interrupted or distracted and forogotten to click send, enter or what-have-you? Drives me crazy when I do smart stuff like that. big_smile

1. Dale Hyde profile image87
      Dale Hydeposted 23 months ago in reply to this

Not so much in replies and comments, but in email, yes, and it is a horrible thing as you wait for a reply.  I have done it with text messages as well and wonder why I am being ignored!

2. peachpurple profile image79
      peachpurpleposted 23 months ago in reply to this

Igo crazy when i use androud phones, spelling errors and hit the wrong button

1. Arachnea profile image85
        Arachneaposted 23 months ago in reply to this

I usually do this when I'm late at night at the keyboard or before the first cuppa in the morning.

Ahh, that feeling of being ignored. Gotta love it. What's worse is when you find the message you started and didn't send and have to face all those lovely things you thought about the person ignoring you.

This is true. Just when it's me, I look around to make sure no one else saw. Sheesh!

I'm a windows person through and through. Been at it for as long as windows has been around. So when it comes to the Android operating system, I use it only for those cool apps that I can't get for a windows operating system. I drive myself nuts trying to do windows "tricks" on an Android device.

3. Cardisa profile image91
      Cardisaposted 23 months ago in reply to this

I've done the opposite...lol, send the comment or email before it's complete. Very smart, don't you think? big_smile

4. Sherry Hewins profile image94
      Sherry Hewinsposted 23 months ago in reply to this

I have forgotten to reply altogether. I used to sometimes pop in for a quick check, and approve comments on the fly, thinking that I would come back and reply later. Not a good system. I have found comments months later that I never replied to.

Sorry, if that was you. I do appreciate every comment, even if I have missed answering some of them.

2. J - R - Fr13m9n profile image86
    J - R - Fr13m9nposted 23 months ago

You are not alone. I shall use the old worn out phrase of "everybody makes mistakes". Believe me I have done that with texting.

3. Loretta L profile image79
    Loretta Lposted 23 months ago

The worst thing I do is type away merrily, hit post, come back some hours later and find I have some stupid typos for everyone to see - not good for someone who claims to be an author.

4. brakel2 profile image88
    brakel2posted 23 months ago via iphone

On HP, I often start sharing before submitting my post. I think we all get absent minded. I used to hate any spelling mistakes that I couldn't fix, because I was rushing.

5. Organised Kaos profile image97
    Organised Kaosposted 23 months ago

Often come back hours later, open the laptop and there is the comment I wrote  - unposted! Grrr brain wave over here...

6. Arachnea profile image85
    Arachneaposted 23 months ago

I've done that with email lots of times.  I start a message flip to another tab or get up to do something and find out later I never sent it.