jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (11 posts)

How Many Links To Products Are Allowed?

1. vocalcoach profile image92
    vocalcoachposted 2 years ago

When product links are other then Amazon or Ebay are they allowed and if so how many? Can we link to our own website?  I've found some hubs while hub-hopping that link to the writers website.  Thanks.

1. Jodah profile image84
      Jodahposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I'm interested in this answer as well Audrey. I have just started a new blog/website and would like to link to it in hubs if possible.

2. Faith Reaper profile image88
      Faith Reaperposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Good question, Audrey.  I saw this too, where websites of hubbers are linked.  I guess it is okay, or the hub would not be featured.  I am interested in the correct answer too.  I do hope someone in the know will reply.  I know it is okay in one's profile information to link websites. However, for hubs, it would seem to be the links would have to be directly associated with the topic of the hub.

3. Phyllis Doyle profile image94
      Phyllis Doyleposted 2 years ago in reply to this

We cannot provide more than 2 links to any one domain.

In FAQ,   Publishing Rules & Policies  >   Generally speaking, what am I allowed to put into a Hub?   >   
      http://hubpages.com/faq/#what_is_allowed   see #11 about   "Overly Promotional".

Hope this answers your questions.  We can provide links to our blogs and our other sites on our profile page.

1. Jodah profile image84
        Jodahposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Phyllis.

2. vocalcoach profile image92
        vocalcoachposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hi Phyllis.  I did visit this link before writing my question but felt I needed more clarity. I've seen hubs where the writer links to his own website, usually no more than two times. And yes, his products are in line with the hub subject. If I'm understanding this correctly, this is completely within HP rules. The key is not to link more than twice. Am I correct?

1. Phyllis Doyle profile image94
          Phyllis Doyleposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Yes, correct. More than two links to the same site in a  hub is seen as overly promotional.

2. Marisa Wright profile image94
          Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

That's the other bit I forgot to mention.   All the pages linked to MUST be directly related to the subject of the Hub.

1. Faith Reaper profile image88
            Faith Reaperposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Yes, that is what I thought is the main thing is for all links to be related to the topic in the hub.

2. Marisa Wright profile image94
    Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago

Phyllis is correct.

Just to amplify:

You can have as many links as you like in a Hub, provided you don't have more than two to the same website.

So, for instance, you could have two links to your own website, plus two affiliate links to AllPosters, plus two affiliate links to Book Depository, plus two affiliate links to Barnes & Noble, all in the same Hub, and it wouldn't be a problem.   

If you are a member of a lot of affiliate programs, what you have to watch is that some companies use the same affiliate network.  For instance, you might be an affiliate of three companies which all use ShareASale.  In that case you can have only two links in total, because all the links will be to ShareASale not to the companies direct.

1. vocalcoach profile image92
      vocalcoachposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Got it!  Thanks for the clarification.  Appreciate it.

working