jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

User Name Change

1. freefogging profile image84
    freefoggingposted 23 months ago

Is there any way I can change my User name without starting over with a new account? I have Fibromyalgia and it takes me a long time to write, so I don't want to lose my articles by closing this account.  Freefogging is a name that I put in not knowing it would be the name that showed up publically. My friends on the social networks know me by valeriejayne, so that makes it hard because they don't realize half the time that the articles popping up in front of them are mine, so they ignore them half the time. I know I could get more traffic with a better name. Please help me.

1. peachpurple profile image78
      peachpurpleposted 23 months ago in reply to this

yeah, you can't change your username. But you can open a new account and then write articles and add your Freefrogging hub links to the new account. Then your friends will know valerie is freefrogging.

2. Phyllis Doyle profile image96
    Phyllis Doyleposted 23 months ago

Hi freefogging. In the FAQ section, you will find:

"How do I change my username?

Unfortunately, you can not change your username. If you need to change your username, please close your account and create a new one. If you choose to do this, please be aware that you will not be able to transfer your Hubs to the new account."

You can read more under Account Administration at:

1. Phyllis Doyle profile image96
      Phyllis Doyleposted 23 months ago in reply to this

You can keep the account you have under freefogging and open a new account under the name you prefer.  Just remember, that in the forums you can use only one persona (account name).

Good luck.  smile

3. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 23 months ago

You could also put Valerie Jayne in as the display name on your account and leave the subdomain/account name as is.  That would put the name everyone is used to finding you as on all your Hubs.