jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

RESOLVED: Hub Loading Slowly

1. PegCole17 profile image91
    PegCole17posted 2 years ago

I just edited one of my older hubs this morning and now it's taking forever to load on the page. During the time it's loading I see messages across the bottom of the screen, "transferring data from pagead2 dot Google syndication dot com". (I added spaces so it wouldn't be a link.) I've read that this might be some sort of virus that is affecting YouTube and other sites.

I cleared my cookies and cache and my browser is Firefox.
    Is this site wide or just affecting me?
    Advice please?
    Peg

1. Melinda Longoria profile image89
      Melinda Longoriaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I was having an issue with slow loading this morning when trying to read and make comments on my hub. So, maybe it's a site wide issue?

PegCole17posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hi Melinda
        I just downloaded the newest update for Firefox and the downloading speed has not improved. In fact, when the pages first load, the text takes a while to plug in and text at the bottom of the page is all in blue and takes a while to finally look like the pages usually appear on Hub Pages.
        Peg

2. relache profile image88
      relacheposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Looks more to me like Google was just having internal server load balancing issues.

By the way, I have not had any problems with loading Hubs today or slow response.

Thanks Relache. It seems to be better now.

3. Maffew James profile image95
      Maffew Jamesposted 2 years ago in reply to this

It's Adsense related and used to show ads on your hubs.

Okie dokie, Maffew. Thanks.

I noticed that the top ad on the page has data at the bottom that is cut off.

4. Matthew Meyer profile image77
      Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

There was a temporary issue that affected Hubs, but has since been resolved.
      I checked your Hubs and did not have any problems.
      If you have not done so, clear your browser cache and restart your computer.

Please let us know if you are still having problems.

2. brakel2 profile image86
    brakel2posted 2 years ago via iphone

Is it true that hubs load faster without pics above the fold?  I thought this was an issue. and removed some pics above the fold and, on mobile,  text shows above the fold.

working