jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

The connection between Google+ and Hubpages

1. dougwest1 profile image94
    dougwest1posted 23 months ago

Since I have suffered, like everyone else,  from the the reduction in Google traffic to my Hubs I started beefing up my Google+ account to see if that might help connect my Hubs to mother Google. I added a link to my baseline Hub profile in the {Google+>About>Links>Contributor to} section. Does anyone know if this was useful or a waste of time? It sounded like a good idea to me.

1. Dressage Husband profile image79
      Dressage Husbandposted 23 months ago in reply to this

I have done it on the same principle as you. I really do not know if it helps, but I did get a sign up from it to HP.

2. NateB11 profile image92
      NateB11posted 23 months ago in reply to this

I don't really know if linking the profiles is helpful, I did it too, mainly because at one time it gave us the "authorship markup", which they've since discontinued. But I do think getting shared on G+ is helpful. I've gotten some shares on there plus those posts show up in search results. I think it does a double thing of promoting through social media and getting those promotions indexed on the search engine. I've only looked at all this cursorily but I think it has a positive effect.

In Google Analytics, if you go to Acquisition and then Social, you can see how much your stuff is shared on G+. After you click Social you can go to Network Referrals to see shares across different sites or you can also click on Data Activity Hub which even gives you which user shared your Hub and comments on it. Cool feature.

3. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 23 months ago in reply to this

It only took a second and it can't hurt, so why worry?

1. dougwest1 profile image94
        dougwest1posted 23 months ago in reply to this

No worry. Just trying to understand the Google beast.

2. brakel2 profile image86
    brakel2posted 23 months ago via iphone

When we had authorship, I had more articles on page 1. It was so exciting. I think Google liked HP better then. It will get better. It is good to link everything