Where does my hub go??

1. Cassidy Kakin profile image86
    Cassidy Kakinposted 2 years ago

I have recently written a hub I am quite proud of, called "Beginners Guide to Hot Tub Hopping," but I am unsure of where I should be posting it.  As of now, it is posted under "Sports and Recreations," as I consider hot tubbing to be a leisure activity which loosely falls under "recreation."  However, this obviously isn't a perfect fit.  As I am new to hubpages, I have been getting a bit uncertain about where I should be posting my hubs.  For this one specifically, can anyone think of a better category?  In general, what are some tips for placing your hubs in categories which will lead to their optimal viewing and engagement?  Is there a rule of thumb for where to file hubs that could easily be put in multiple categories? 

Thanks!

1. calculus-geometry profile image86
      calculus-geometryposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Nailing the precise category isn't crucial to getting views, and you only have to go as far as the top level category; the sub and sub-sub and sub-sub-sub categories are optional.  At the top of every hub where it shows the breadcrumbs, only the top level category is ever shown. Just use your best judgment and you'll be fine. Sports and Rec sounds right to me.

1. Cassidy Kakin profile image86
        Cassidy Kakinposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks!  That was my best guess, that the labeling wasn't of all importance, but thanks for re-assuring!

working