jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (12 posts)

Revenue Potential

1. darkside profile image80
    darksideposted 8 years ago

In the Hub Metrics for each hub, is Revenue Potential based on the keyword, or how many Amazon/Ebay capsules and products you have (or perhaps how many you should have)?

1. funride profile image77
      funrideposted 8 years ago in reply to this

That´s an interesting question Darkside. I always thought it was referring to the keyword value and I never related it with ebay or amazon but it makes sense though...

Lets wait for some insight from the HP team big_smile.

2. bgamall profile image85
    bgamallposted 8 years ago

The catch is the word "potential".

1. darkside profile image80
      darksideposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Yes, it certainly is.

But how does HubPages define it?

3. thranax profile image52
    thranaxposted 8 years ago

Are you applying that to ad sense revenue potential increasing with amazon+eBay capsules on the hub or just the capsules and how much you make?

I'm pretty sure the % you get from a sale on amazon or eBay is determined by the price of the item, not keywords or anything.

Keywords only apply to ad sense revenue.

Or at least I think.

~thranax~

4. SiddSingh profile image60
    SiddSinghposted 8 years ago

Some ads (adsense) have a higher PPC.  Say ads related to "Credit Cards" will always pay more than ads related to "Entertainment".

For Amazon/Ebay capsules, some product categories may convert better or make a higher number of sales.

So it may be a combination of these factors. Of course, I am speculating smile:. Team HP will know better!

5. Whitney05 profile image62
    Whitney05posted 8 years ago

I thought that it was on a keyword basis.

But, I've always wondered if the amazon and ebay sales were considered in the figures.

6. bgamall profile image85

I don't know, but it seems that keywords have a lot to do with defining the potential. I don't know if there are other factors.

7. SiddSingh profile image60
    SiddSinghposted 8 years ago

Well, I just checked two of my hubs. One is about a rather obscure subject of "subjunctive history", and the other is about rather popular topic "blu ray". For the first, the keywords (if any) will obviously valued lower. In the second case, the keywords must be higher priced (in context of adsense, as well as the number of total searches). Yet, both show EQUAL revenue potential. Go figure!

8. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 8 years ago

I've been wondering if "they" also watch the amount of traffic a hub is getting and the incoming links.

9. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 8 years ago

It's just an estimate based on the tags on your hub, and really only offers a very rough guideline.  As has already been suggested, hubs tagged entertainment will typically earn at a lower rate, than hubs tagged health (per view).  This isn't because of the tag specifically, but because of the content in the hub (so please don't rush out and start tagging all of your entertainment hubs with high value tags -- it won't help).

10. bgamall profile image85

Darn, I wanted to tag my entertainment hubs with "forex". Just kidding.

working