jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (16 posts)

Help! I was reading a hub, and the "report" page popped up!

1. Shades-of-truth profile image87
    Shades-of-truthposted 2 years ago

Moments ago, I was reading a very interesting hub, about 6 mock tuna recipes, written by rmcrayne, and had really just arrived on the page, when a message popped up that said something about duplicate content being reported.

I clicked on nothing, was not near my mouse, or anything.

I do not want her penalized in any way, do we have a new glitch?

1. Millionaire Tips profile image88
      Millionaire Tipsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Interesting. I went to the page to see if this would happen to me, and it didn't.  I use Firefox.

Shades-of-truthposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I am also using Firefox, and the computer is clean, no history stored, etc., etc. What bothered me, and still concerns me, is that the particular hub may be flagged, when I had no intent of doing anything of the kind!

1. Lionrhod profile image93
          Lionrhodposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I'm pretty sure that unless you filed the report (which you obviously didn't), everything should be fine.

Sometimes when the connection is slow, my computer pops up extra pages or clicks on links without my meaning to, because I inadvertently clicked somewhere on the screen where there was a link coming into being. (If that makes the slightest bit of sense.) Could that be what happened?

Lionrhod, I know what you mean. In the past, I have encountered that, also, but this time all that was going on at that moment, was that I had just arrived on the page to read it.

Hopefully, all is well. Not in the least interested in creating a problem for anyone.

2. The Examiner-1 profile image83
      The Examiner-1posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Shades-of-Truth,
      Perhaps it was a warning to you. Did you check yours?

To The Examiner-1,

Thanks, but mine are all fine. It cropped up the moment I started to read that particular hub. I have no idea why that would have happened. I have read a lot of hubs, long before I came here from Squidoo, and have never encountered that before.

1. The Examiner-1 profile image83
          The Examiner-1posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Your mouse pointer must have been near enough to the flag and there was an accidental click on it.

2. KathyMcGraw2 profile image81
    KathyMcGraw2posted 2 years ago

I don't have an answer....but I do want to say I am impressed with your integrity smile

Thank you, Kathy - always good to see your sweet face!

3. cheaptrick profile image75
    cheaptrickposted 2 years ago

I just got a virus warning telling me to call a phone number from a bogus page.I have real time Avast shields running and they weren't activated so these must be malware like the C-cleaner update pop up that's been floating around the net.Do not click OK or down lode or your gonna get nailed.

All of my malware shields, etc., are in place. I did not see that pop up, when I visited the page again. I simply found it disturbing, and did not want a problem for the Hubber aforementioned. If I see it again, in the future, I will take a screenshot of it, and post it in one of the forums.

2. Judy Filarecki profile image91
      Judy Filareckiposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I got the same popup the other day but totally ignored it, thank goodness. I also did a complete scan right after to be sure everything was OK.

Thank you, Judy! I am so glad to hear that it is occasionally happening to others. Found it very strange, I did!

4. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 2 years ago

No ads or warnings are supposed to ever "pop-up" on this site, so anything that exhibits that behavior is most likely malware or a bad advertisement.

In case of that second, take a screenshot and send it directly to admin.

5. Shades-of-truth profile image87
    Shades-of-truthposted 2 years ago

Thanks, Relache! Had I not been so startled, and a bit alarmed, I would have done that. I intend to remember that, in the future.

working