jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Finally Finished Updating Lenses

1. Snakesmum profile image88
    Snakesmumposted 23 months ago

At last, all my Squidoo lenses have been updated to the style HP likes.   Now I can concentrate on new content, and perhaps some publicity to improve my traffic.

Another plus today:   Not one of my hubs has the un-featured for
    non-engagement icon against it.   Better touch wood though - it's bound to happen again with traffic the way it is.

Views are still pretty low, but I guess I write on topics which don't draw a lot of interest, so some SEO research is on the cards.

What are others doing to get more views, besides publicity and SEO?

1. Millionaire Tips profile image90
      Millionaire Tipsposted 23 months ago in reply to this

Congratulations!  That is a big accomplishment.  I think SEO is the biggest thing.  Crafting a good title - one that has enough information to help Google and the reader know what the article is about - is important.

2. Barbara Kay profile image85
      Barbara Kayposted 23 months ago in reply to this

If you have a niche that you write about a lot, I use groups like Yahoo and some on Facebook. That can get you a lot of traffic if the groups you belong to are large. Of course, you've got to be careful about spamming them, but if it is a topic they are all interested in, they'll appreciate it.

1. Barbara Kay profile image85
        Barbara Kayposted 23 months ago in reply to this

I forgot to say congratulations. That is a big accomplishment!

3. favored profile image58
      favoredposted 23 months ago in reply to this

I'm so happy for you. This is good news and in time for the holidays.  Maybe you'll get a chance to relax some and write something just for fun.  You've earned it.

As for gaining traffic ... I'm waving down people on the street and handing them flyers! LOL ... Not really, but hopefully things will pick up soon.

2. Gary Pick profile image61
    Gary Pickposted 23 months ago

Great job!  I am learning this hub page thing, I am new to it.

3. MelRootsNWrites profile image91
    MelRootsNWritesposted 23 months ago

Congrats Snakesmum!  I finished my first pass a couple weeks ago and now am relearning SEO.  I hadn't really been active with Squidoo for awhile for a variety of reasons and never really had to learn SEO for my website (it's super niche and gets a lot of word of mouth traffic).

Mostly I'm just taking a second look at each hub, trying to refine titles, subheading, looking to see if text is really relevant or if it wanders.  Traffic is still low, but because my traffic was low on Squidoo the least 6 months, I see this as starting over with the search engines.  Hoping my efforts will pay off in the long run.