jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Using the Link Capsule for linking to my other relevant Hubs

1. johndwilliams profile image87
    johndwilliamsposted 2 years ago

Hi All,

Been away from the site for a while.

Is it OK for me to add a Link capsule and link to my other hubs - I have just updated my Russian Hubs to link to my other Russian Hubs.

Is this the best thing to do? Is it Hubpages friendly and Google Friendly?

Thanks

1. Millionaire Tips profile image89
      Millionaire Tipsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Links work better when they are embedded in the text, instead of in a separate links capsule.

1. johndwilliams profile image87
        johndwilliamsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

OK many thanks for your reply.

Work better in HP sense or Google?

2. CuAllaidh profile image80
      CuAllaidhposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I've used the link capsule for this purpose, it works fine for me.

3. peachpurple profile image78
      peachpurpleposted 2 years ago in reply to this

yeah, i also add 3 links to my hubs

2. johndwilliams profile image87

Thanks All I will try and see if I can link using both Capsules and In-Text links - keeping the amount at sane levels so to speak.

Thanks

3. LeanMan profile image81
    LeanManposted 2 years ago

The most effective method that I have used within my series on Saudi Arabia is to use a short text capsule in Blue, half width and stuck to the right beside text that is related so that the reader knows where to go for more information in that area. This has been the most effective method that I have used and I have used several methods including link capsules.

I also use links within the text to other relevant hubs.

I do not use lists of links to my other hubs as I never found them effective.

I get a lot of traffic between my hubs doing this; in fact one of my best trafficked hubs gets zero Google traffic and it all comes directly from my other hubs. BUT make sure the links are really related and there is a reason for using them there - not just because you want to promote another hub.

You can also use the "group" function and you will have a "next" and "previous" link at the bottom of your hub pointing at other hubs in the same group.

4. johndwilliams profile image87

Nice One LeanMan - I'll see if I can get this idea to work as well - I like the idea of having completely natural links to my other hubs

working