jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

HubPro Editor Spotlight: Meet Betty Wang

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
    Christy Kirwanposted 23 months ago

Meet HubPro Editor Betty Wang in our latest Blog post.

1. Solaras profile image92
      Solarasposted 23 months ago in reply to this

Another crazy dog lady - Excellent!

2. sallybea profile image97
      sallybeaposted 23 months ago in reply to this

I enjoyed meeting Berry Wang.  Thanks for the opportunity to meet one of the editors.

2. Millionaire Tips profile image90
    Millionaire Tipsposted 23 months ago

I appreciate the opportunity to meet the editors.  Thank you for this.  Is there any way you can add a link on the blog back to HubPages? It seems strange to me that there isn't a link to the home page.

3. janderson99 profile image86
    janderson99posted 23 months ago

As far as I can see the Hubpro editors have not published any hubs. Surely this is necessary to established credibility for changing hubs to improve them. IMO

4. Lionrhod profile image94
    Lionrhodposted 23 months ago

Betty seems like a great person, and I really appreciate the interview with her. What I would have liked to see, however was a list of published works, a list of editing credits (particularly hubs she edited), etc.

I love dogs too, and always happy to meet another crazy dog person, but...that doesn't mean she's qualified to work on my area of expertise.

One thing that might help is area of expertise. Besides being a lawyer and dog person, what areas is she qualified to make suggestions in?

5. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 23 months ago

So, no actual editing experience? I hate to be a grinch but I has assumed the editors were experienced hubstaff who knew what made a hub successful from direct experience.  If not, well, I am going to turn that option off on the suspicion that I know more about that very particular subject than they do.  (And if having degrees, having marked tertiary student papers, and having freelanced is a qualification--I have all of that myself). She seems lovely, but... well.

1. Lionrhod profile image94
      Lionrhodposted 23 months ago in reply to this

To be fair I don't believe they had said she doesn't have editing experience...they just left it out.

I'm sure she's a sweet lady, but I probably have more editing experience than she does. And if my credentials were counted as doctorates, I'd own 3 or 4.