RESOLVED: Stats delay

Jump to Last Post 1-30 of 30 discussions (101 posts)
  1. Faith Reaper profile image84
    Faith Reaperposted 9 years ago

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/12000152.png
    It seems the stats are frozen again, as I have not seen a change in mine in a good long while. Has anyone else noticed this too?

1. Elsie Hagley profile image71
      Elsie Hagleyposted 9 years agoin reply to this

It does seem to be frozen as my Stats say it's "Includes data from 3 days ago and earlier" which to me it is three days ago.

1. Venkatachari M profile image87
        Venkatachari Mposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Yes. It is data from three days ago and earlier. It means the stats are not available since last 3 days. I am seeing the same view count since last three days. So all of us are standing at same point since the last 3 days. So it is happening to all.

Faith Reaperposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, Ven, I thought I was just imagining it there for a couple of days.  Yes, now that I think about it, it has been about three days!

2. Faith Reaper profile image84

Hi Elsie,

Well, I am glad to know it is not just me!  Thank you.  That is a long time to be frozen.

2. word55 profile image71
      word55posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Apparently so. I haven't seen a change in 2-3 days and that's unusual.

Thanks, Word, must be the case then ...

2. Shadrack2 profile image43
        Shadrack2posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Its exactly the same case with me

Thanks, Shadrack.

1. Shadrack2 profile image43
            Shadrack2posted 9 years agoin reply to this

You're welcome Faith

3. Genna East profile image82
      Genna Eastposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hi Faith...

I love the ice cubes in the photo...perfect image.  I have been away from HP for a bit due to a nasty cold, etc., but I've noticed that nothing seems to have changed.  My fear is that everything will hit all at once, and appear not to make any sense.

Hi Genna,

I am so sorry you have been sick, dear heart.  Please take care of yourself.  I should have uploaded a photo of a solid block of ice, as the stats are still frozen, just as they have been for four days.  I am not sure why they are saying "resolved" as my stats have not budged.  Bless you, sweet lady, and feel better soon!

4. NateB11 profile image89
      NateB11posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Mine have been frozen for 3 days. A little frustrating, I guess I got used to the old days when I think they updated every hour. Have to rely on Analytics now, which I'm not fond of but works.

Hi NateB,

Yes, it did update frequently, and we are used to that, but now ... I will have to check Analytics.  Thanks.

5. The Examiner-1 profile image59
      The Examiner-1posted 9 years agoin reply to this

It is normal Faith, it happens off and on and it is just part of the flow. They are keeping track of everything even though we are not getting to see it. When the glitch is fixed we will see the stats jump to the current date.
      We can check our earnings on the earnings page and add them up or go to Google Analytics.

Thanks so much, Kevin, Examiner-1, you must be used to it being stuck.  I am just concerned as I happened to notice no movement in several days and thought it unusual.  I did not know it is the norm?  Yes, we can check the other no doubt.  Have a great Friday night and weekend ahead.

6. peachpurple profile image82
      peachpurpleposted 9 years agoin reply to this

same here, no changes but the earning is updating

Hi peachpurple, so glad the earnings are at least updating!

7. NateB11 profile image89

My stats are still stuck at where they were about 4 days ago. Though, it says they've been updated.

8. watergeek profile image93
      watergeekposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Mine are still frozen. Not only that, but I updated a hub that had a broken link two days ago, and it's still registering as a broken link. The recent changes column has not been updated either for that hub. Yet the top of the statistics page shows that it was updated 23 minutes ago. Something doesn't jive.

For sure, watergeek, nothing jiving here! I think HP needs to remove the RESOLVED here as clearly nothing has been resolved.

9. hypnodoctor profile image80
      hypnodoctorposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I also haven't seen any changes in stats for about three days. It says that the stats are from a few hours back but the actual stats are unchanged for several days. I even took a screenshot just in case when I noticed it a few days back and the stats are still the same.

Even worse ... The weird thing is that the indicator arrows show that the traffic on one hub has drastically increased, it shows two red arrows pointing up (aparently this feature still works, as does the HubScore as it has also increased since friday). I even got a few comments so I know there was traffic, but aparently yesterday, after a very, very long time, I had $0 earnings! I realize it will probably be corrected but it's frustrating anyhow.

So, no, the issue still isn't resolved.

Hi hipnodoctor, that is odd that the arrow is working but still no indication of any views?  Yes, hubscore seems to be working as I noticed someone's score go up two points. Yes, it will be corrected eventually, but still no less frustrating in the meantime.

10. Shinkicker profile image52
      Shinkickerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I've got 2 comments registered on my new Hub but zero hits.

That certainly defies the laws of Physics.

Hi Shinkicker, I love your hubber name! Yes, that sure is a kick in the ... shin ...and definitely defies the laws of Physics!

11. oceansnsunsets profile image84
      oceansnsunsetsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I am so happy they are back to normal now.  I see updated views!

12. Matthew Meyer profile image72
      Matthew Meyerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

If you are still seeing "frozen" stats, please share details in this forum.
      http://hubpages.com/forum/post/2678937

2. Solaras profile image94
    Solarasposted 9 years ago

Not only that, but Google Analytics tells me there is no data available for the last 2 days.  I have a couple of new hubs, and have been doing my social sharing, but can't see if it is having any positive effect.  Very frustrating!

Hello Solaras,

I would imagine it is very frustrating, especially with two new hubs!   As of this moment, 7:52 p.m. Central Time, on Friday night, the stats are still frozen?

3. Nick DeGeorge profile image60
    Nick DeGeorgeposted 9 years ago

Look at the other forums the stats are broken yet again, hubpages is doing some upgrade and it has stopped the stats from calculating there is nothing you can do so wringing hands will not help. Yes it's enormousily frustrating as they point you to google analytics which for me at least does and never has matched hubpages stats.

However Google analytics is working. You pay 40% of your earnings to hubpages perhaps it's time to demand that they fix the basic functionality on the site before you pour hundreds of more hours of work into writing for them,

Hi Nick DeGeorge,

Oh, really ... I did not know about the other forums.  Wonder why they are saying it is resolved here then if it is not resolved?  Mine are surely still frozen and have not budged in four days!  That is a good idea about taking screen shots each day.  I appreciate you sharing your great insight and thoughts!

4. Nick DeGeorge profile image60

They changed the stats to updated 4 hours ago however they meant 4 days ago don't be confused the actual stats are still frozen! I take screen shots at the end of each day and the stats are the same as they were four days ago. Someone at hubpages is optimistic and now the site is freezing and not connecting.

I concur with my peers, as a former technology director we learned our clients vastly preferred the current service to be exemplary before we added "enhancements".  Telling your source of income they should rely on another vendor is not a marketing strategy. Multiple failures in maintaining the technology end of the business resulted in the demise of many a promising company.

Facebook, love them or hate them, their number one mission was to have the site fully functional 100% of the time. A vehicle with  a plush interior looks good but provides little value if it breaks down every day.

My thoughts...

1. nanderson500 profile image81
      nanderson500posted 9 years agoin reply to this

I absolutely agree. There is no excuse for the stats to be frozen for this long.

Thanks nanderson ... Yes, too long indeed!

2. PegCole17 profile image94
      PegCole17posted 9 years agoin reply to this

+1
      "I concur with my peers, as a former technology director we learned our clients vastly preferred the current service to be exemplary before we added "enhancements".  Telling your source of income they should rely on another vendor is not a marketing strategy. Multiple failures in maintaining the technology end of the business resulted in the demise of many a promising company."

Hi Dear Peg,

Thank you for your wise insights here!  Absolutely true!  You have hit the nail on the head ...

5. TJHousel profile image88
    TJHouselposted 9 years ago

Hmm, the thread says resolved, but it clearly isn't. My stats are still exactly the same as they were 4 days ago.

Hi TJHousel,

That is what is confusing me ... why are they saying resolved?  Were they resolved earlier in the day or something and then froze up again?  If so, the stats should have moved a little bit, I believe?

6. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 9 years ago

Resolved?  : /

Exactly? : /

7. word55 profile image71
    word55posted 9 years ago

Still frozen!

Brrr, Word!

8. PaulGoodman67 profile image94
    PaulGoodman67posted 9 years ago

Yeah, unresolved, morelike!

Yes, PaulGoodman ... "unresolved" as of this moment.

9. rajan jolly profile image91
    rajan jollyposted 9 years ago

Though the time now says the stats were updated 38 minutes and earlier from the earlier 3 days and more the actual figures have not budged a wee bit.

This stuck stats is becoming a regular feature now it seems. I just wonder why they are not able to fix this.

Hi rajan jolly,

Oh really, hmmm?  I wonder too, and it must be they are updating the site as was discussed in the weekly HP email, possibly.

10. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 9 years ago

If it were scheduled I don't think we would be getting thanked for our reports and told engineering is working on it in the other thread.

Well, that is good to know ... being thanked and that engineering is working on it!

11. suzzycue profile image87
    suzzycueposted 9 years ago

Mine are still frozen today also. It is frustrating and makes me wonder if they don't report all views.

Hi Suzzy,

I just checked mine this day and still frozen rock solid.  It certainly does make one wonder!

12. Frank Atanacio profile image73
    Frank Atanacioposted 9 years ago

like the frozen cubes  LOL  but I see what you mean about so many folks talking about the frozen views smile

LOL Frank ...Glad you like the ice cubes, but I see they are starting to melt a bit, maybe I should have used an image of an iceberg. Yep, still frozen. This is the longest time I am aware of, but I am sure they are working on defrosting them as frantically, I mean, expeditiously as possible.

13. honghanhvt1182 profile image92
    honghanhvt1182posted 9 years ago

Mine is still frozen too!

Hello honghanhvt, being it is the weekend, I am guessing we will not see any movement until after Monday.

14. Pcunix profile image91
    Pcunixposted 9 years ago

I don't pay close attention, but I do know that the last two hubs I published show flat zeros for views and yet both have legitimate comments.  Obviously that shouldn't be.

Certainly, Pcumix!

15. Robert Sacchi profile image84
    Robert Sacchiposted 9 years ago

Of greater concern is my experience with Yahoo! Voices.  The stats started giving trouble and not long after they announced they were closing it down.  I hope this isn't the way HubPages is going.

1. Millionaire Tips profile image92
      Millionaire Tipsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I don't think that is the case.  The stats have been down before, several times since I've been here, and they have always been fixed.  I'm sure they will get right on it on Monday.

True, Millionaire Tips, they have been frozen before, but in this case, the longest time that I am aware. Yes, surely they will be defrosted by Monday. No need for panic everyone.

1. PaulGoodman67 profile image94
          PaulGoodman67posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Yes, quite possibly a world record for frozen stats. It must be a week now.

I think so too, Paul ... a record-breaking freeze!

2. Faith Reaper profile image84

Hello Robert, that is of greater concern and, hopefully, that will not be the case here in frozen HP Town. I know they are working on changing the look of the hubs and plus with the influx of squidoo writers, things are bound to get to be an overload. I have faith they will get it all going properly in time ... although it has been a long time already.

1. Robert Sacchi profile image84
        Robert Sacchiposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thank you.  I got an email about a changed look.  My email account is aol and every time I tried to open it my aol got knocked down.

Hi Robert,

Yes, not sure if what they are changing has anything to do with the frozen views ...just a thought.

That is strange about your aol account?

16. word55 profile image71
    word55posted 9 years ago

We're all in the same boat. No number updates in 4 days or so :-(

Yep, still nothing, Word, : ( ... I am sure they have not lost our views and all will update as soon as they are able to get to the issue, whatever that may be.  I am concerned, though, for those who are publishing new hubs, and if the views are not shown, I do hope their hubs will not be unfeatured due to lack of engagement or views!

1. Elsie Hagley profile image71
        Elsie Hagleyposted 9 years agoin reply to this

It's very sad all of these going on. Stats not working,but the Statistics - Includes data (time is changing all the time) at the top of the page.
        Something on the stats page is working though. I'm having hubs unfeatured everyday.smile

Oh no, Elsie, that certainly is disturbing about your hubs being unfeatured! Surely, the views are not lost but will update as soon as the problem is corrected.

17. spectacled-bear profile image67
    spectacled-bearposted 9 years ago

I just wrote hubpages an email about this. I should have checked here first. I feel a little stupid!

Oh, no need to feel stupid, speckltacled-bear, as I was unaware of another forum on this same issue before I posted mine.  Plus, I am baffled as to why HP still is saying it is RESOLVED here, when it clearly is not so.

18. Sed-me profile image80
    Sed-meposted 9 years ago

I am nearly positive that one of my hubs has gone viral and here I am completely unable to enjoy my incredible success! GRRRR!

GRRRR, Sed-me,  and then some on your viral hub!  Now that is crazy upsetting no doubt ... I am so sorry for you and others who have published during this freeze.

19. Nick DeGeorge profile image60

Going viral means getting tens of thousand of views. I would like to know the title as well of this one out of nine hubs you authored which is so amazing.

Hello Nick, I have always wondered what qualified as "going viral" and I was thinking maybe in the millions but certainly tens of thousands makes sense too. Wow, one out of nine hubs ...those are some kind of odds there ...

2. Sed-me profile image80
      Sed-meposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Yes... it was one of my poems. The world was DYING to read my poem! Apparently they just can't get enough of my poem! The title escapes me... It was obviously awesome though, and it is most certainly going viral right now. I have no stats to verify this... it's more of a feeling. GRRR! I'm so angry.

Hee hee ...GRRRR ...a poem no less. Thank you for adding humor here as this saga of the frozen views continues LOL.

1. Sed-me profile image80

Life comes with so many sagas... What would we be doing if we weren't suffering from another first world saga. smile

Yes, it does indeed, Sed-me ...and this first world saga of frozen views on HubPages is apparently causing a lot of suffering ... oh me ...  : ) ...if ONLY this were the worst of the world's problems ...
            within even the last minute!  Hee hee

20. Faith Reaper profile image84
    Faith Reaperposted 9 years ago

Hey all, I just arrived home a bit ago, and just checked, and it looks like the stats are unfrozen now.  Woo hoo!  So, it has been officially RESOLVED.

1. Sed-me profile image80

Wow, I've had 23 visitors today! I TOLD you I went viral!

Hahaha ... you sure did ... : )

2. NateB11 profile image89

Good news, I'll have to go check mine.

Yes, NateB, we hope your views were at least in the hundreds if not more, especially more than 23!

21. chateaudumer profile image82
    chateaudumerposted 9 years ago

Me too. I have 25 views. Aleluia! Aleluia, Rejoice!

Woo hoo ... LOL ... wozers, hold your horses there.  You are making the rest of us look bad : )

22. Nick DeGeorge profile image60

Looks like we are good again so to everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!

Hi Nick, yes, we are and Happy Thanksgiving to you too.  Let us be ever so thankful for our overflowing amount of views .... Blessings to all.

23. aesta1 profile image91
    aesta1posted 9 years ago

I am dancing...hope this keeps on. It is very encouraging.

You go girl!  Let us twist and SHOUT WOO HOO ... hee hee!

24. profile image0
    OrhanGokkayaTRposted 9 years ago

I had 32 pages views before now I have 23 views. Why is everyone hyped about 20 - 30 views per day? I feel left out haha.

Hahaha ... OrhanGokkayaTR, we have to laugh in order not to cry is why!  23 views now ... slowdown there, Orhan ...now, you are mowing us over with your being in the fast lane hee hee.

1. profile image0
        OrhanGokkayaTRposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Haha I am going too fast, I should go back to reading my hub article about bikes which will make me slow down. I will make sure to move to the right.

Haha ... life in the fast lane or the bike lane : )  Now, by bikes, do you mean bicycle or motorcycles.  Varoom!  Enjoy ...

25. word55 profile image71
    word55posted 9 years ago

THE STATS ARE WORKING AGAIN!

26. word55 profile image71
    word55posted 9 years ago

THEY ARE UDATED!

HOORAY, Word!!!  They are indeed.  Blessings for a Happy Thanksgiving and always

27. makingamark profile image69
    makingamarkposted 9 years ago

I'm not sure about all the jumping for joy.

Has anybody taken a look at the traffic stats for seven days? I'm getting less than half the traffic I was getting on Squidoo - it's really pitiful. 

I'm really not surprised so many former lensmasters are pulling their content and transferring it to other sites.

A lot of former Squidoo people said we'd give it to the New Year and then take stock and decide what to do next. Seems to me the decision about whether to start again elsewhere might get taken sooner rather than later.

The fact of the matter is that the latest Google update re Panda favours those who build niche sites on topics they are expert on and does not favour large multi-topic article "farms" as Google insists on calling sites like Squidoo and HubPages. The writing is on the wall......

Hi makingamark, so true ...very slow and pitiful. The stats have been frozen solid for at least five days and now they are moving, and little indeed. We are being a bit sarcastic in our jumping for joy but at least they are no longer frozen. I am sorry about the loss of traffic and half as much as you were getting from squidoo. That is a huge drop no doubt. This week is Thanksgiving week and so many people are traveling and so the traffic may not pick back up until next week. Let's hope that is the cause of the slump for the past seven days and that it will improve a great deal after next week..

28. Shades-of-truth profile image83
    Shades-of-truthposted 9 years ago

So nice to check in this morning, and see the stats have updated! It was getting a little bit discouraging for a while. YEA! Thank you to the engineers!

29. Jayne Lancer profile image92
    Jayne Lancerposted 9 years ago

My stats include data from 117 minutes ago and earlier and show that I've had about half the traffic that GA tells me I've had. I'm inclined to think it's another pretend update.

30. ologsinquito profile image82
    ologsinquitoposted 9 years ago

Thank you for updating the stats!

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)