jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Page Views

1. 0
    J Mockridgeposted 7 years ago

As a rough guide, what can be considered average page views for 10 hubs? I started three hubs 2 months ago, but in the last week I have posted seven hubs. With a rough estimate I could gage whther I am going in the right direction. Dare I admit to just over 200 pageviews, for the 10 hubs (Good or Bad?)

1. SiddSingh profile image60
      SiddSinghposted 7 years ago in reply to this

It is difficult, if not impossible to give a ballpark figure. Even a single hub can attract thousands of visits in a matter of few days. It all depends on factors like the topic of the hub, the number of searches for the topic (for SE traffic), how you promote it etc. If a hub is picked up by sites like StumbleUpon, you may get a flood of visitors within a very short time

2. 0

Thanks SiddSingh. Not sure that any of my own hubs will attract 1000's of viewers, but I understand the possibilities.

3. bgpappa profile image86
    bgpappaposted 7 years ago

For what its worth, the number you have is on par with what I have.

4. thranax profile image58
    thranaxposted 7 years ago

A lot of people have different formulas for what they think is good. All the advice I can give you is make your own formula so you have a goal to meet, if all your hubs meet the goal up the level of the goal to keep pushing yourself.

PS: On my scale 20 views for 2-3 months per hub isn't all that great.

1. BristolBoy profile image82
      BristolBoyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I also would count this to be a bad return, although I am fairly new here.  I also believe that page views include own views both when first making the hub and after, so at the very minimum 10 of those views are your own, and in my experience I generally edit a hub about 5 times before publishing.  Still the seven hubs are still very new so there is time for it.  Also it depends on luck,  I have had over 50 views in the last day alone from some random German website which I had never heard of before.  As such even small factors, like a single link to one of your hubs from a popular site can vastly change the number of views.

5. 0

Thanks for the input - It is only since I concentrated on Hubpages in the last week that I have seen a rise in pageviews. Since posting seven hubs in about 7-10 days have I achieved over 200 views.

6. accofranco profile image76
    accofrancoposted 7 years ago

Hello J,i am encountering thesame problem like you.And working tirelessly to see if it can change.I still need help to turn my table around for better,how i wish i could pull traffic right now.Keep researching,u will make it,we will make it.