jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Amazon Earnings reports are confusing me

1. Pollyanna Jones profile image97
    Pollyanna Jonesposted 23 months ago

I wondered if any of you could help at all?

I am just getting used to all of the reports on here, and I noticed something this morning.

"My Amazon Sales" on my Hubpages Account contains 10 items, and in my Earnings report, this gives me a total earnings amount from Amazon Associates programme of $11.24. This is with the report set to show earnings of All Time (i.e. since I started out with Amazon Associates).

On Amazon.com, I've gone into the Amazon.com Associates page, clicked the Reports tab, and then have run an "Earnings Report" for "All Programs" with Device Type "All". I have chosen a date range from July 1st 2014 to November 22nd 2014 (the most recent date available). This report only brings up 3 items, and gives a total Advertising Fees amount of $1.35.

Clearly, the two earning figures and sales reports don't match up. Am I doing something wrong? Or is there a delay of a month for the Amazon.com report? If any more experienced Hubbers could explain, I would be most grateful.

1. neosurk profile image89
      neosurkposted 23 months ago in reply to this

Those reports don't match up because those reports are totally different from each other. The stats you are seeing in HubPages, is pulled directly by HubPages, from HubPages' own Amazon Associates account. These earnings are yours as per the Amazon program under HubPages Earnings Program.

So, you are doing nothing wrong wink
      If you want, you can use your own Amazon Associates' tracking id. If you do this, HubPages will stop showing you reports and you will have to visit your own Amazon account to see if you have referred any sales.

2. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 23 months ago

Your earnings from Amazon if you are part of the Hub pages Amazon program are paid, counted, etc by Hub pages. Your sales do not show up on personal Amazon associate account.

Your Associate account with Amazon is just that, your personal account.   Your earnings by using you own Amazon associate account are paid by Amazon, not Hub pages.  So the sales from this account will be on the reports, but sales from  Hub Pages Amazon program will not show up here.

3. Millionaire Tips profile image89
    Millionaire Tipsposted 23 months ago

The good news summary of what the others have said is that you have earned both.  Although you probably will not be able to earn enough to get payout from Amazon directly unless you have other sources of referrals like a blog or other website.

4. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 23 months ago

I have met payout from Amazon directly several times. It does take awhile, but I also had some higher priced items purchased too. My Amazon minimum is only $10 because I use the direct deposit form of payment.

5. Pollyanna Jones profile image97
    Pollyanna Jonesposted 23 months ago

Thank you all for your helpful replies! With time, I am sure I will get used to all of this, and it is reassuring to know that there are plenty of kind folks to help newbies like me find their way around.