jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Split Latest Activity between the Technical/Help & 'Not HubPages'

1. makingamark profile image77
    makingamarkposted 23 months ago

I really don't understand the "Latest Activity" listing - it includes threads on what seem to me to be completely vacuous topics while at the same time omitting crucial updates re technical problems.

I also don't understand why the Latest Activity lists all the threads as being in "HubPages Tutorials and Community" when clearly they are not.

It would be really nice to be able to run my eye down the list of latest threads and updates and know that I wasn't going to have to edit out all the "nothing actually to do with HubPages" threads - and sometimes it's a tad difficult to know which these are

1) HubPages only forums?
    2) HubPages Community "Off Topic" forums?
    eg Community News (Go off-topic and discuss whatever you like ) and Freeform Discussion (A place for forum games, never ending threads, and other vacuous fun)

Alternatively just eliminate the latter from the Activity updates and stick to a listing which focuses just on all matters relating to HubPages technical matters and help regarding hub development and improvements and fixing glitches.

1. EricDockett profile image97
      EricDockettposted 23 months ago in reply to this

Agree. The issue can be easily resolved if HP moves the Freeform Discussion forum over with the topics forums and encourages people to post their social discussions over there.

There they can ramble about vegetables that start with the letter J and boy-bands from A-Z to their heart's content without cluttering the place up and bumping actual relevant discussions from the feed.

Hopefully HP staff will consider it.

makingamarkposted 23 months ago in reply to this

+! That would work to

I'd got for anything which removes the vacuous non-relevant threads from the listing of threads which SHOULD be wholly about HubPages matters!

I've no problem with a bit of community spirit - in the right place - but the present arrangement always makes me think of the inappropriate nature of water cooler gossip in the middle of a business meeting.

2. Jayne Lancer profile image91
        Jayne Lancerposted 23 months ago in reply to this

Yes, this would be a great improvement. I also find the present arrangement irritating.

1. Marisa Wright profile image91
          Marisa Wrightposted 23 months ago in reply to this

2. Shades-of-truth profile image86
          Shades-of-truthposted 23 months ago in reply to this

2. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 23 months ago

That would be nice!  Or simply keep the game threads in the topical forums.  The entire forum is the community, so I've never understood why community news is in the HP related forums.  Why not place these threads in the topics they're discussing?
    There used to be a forum filter that could block specific threads we didn't want to see.  It was wonderful, but a hubber made it available and could no longer keep up with the browser updates.

3. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 23 months ago

People have been asking for the free form topics to be moved in with the non-Hub-specific topics for years.  Literally.  And giving good justifications such as listed here.

What I'd really love to hear from admin is a full explanation that demonstrates their hard proof that our request is not a reasonable one.

makingamarkposted 23 months ago in reply to this

Gosh - that's really disappointing news!