jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

How Does HubPages Penalize Hubs that Get Copied and How Soon?

1. Kylyssa profile image96
    Kylyssaposted 23 months ago

How long do I get to file DMCA notices before HubPages does something to the affected Hubs and what is it that they do?

For example, if I go into the hospital for a week and then I use what working time I have for paying work for a week or so afterward, will I come back to see the hubs that are victims of plagiarism penalized by HubPages in some way and how?

2. EricDockett profile image95
    EricDockettposted 23 months ago

HP does not penalize you if someone copies your Hub. They provide the little red (c) just to let you know you have been copied and you can take action as you see fit.

There are of course issues with copies of your Hubs floating around out there as far as search engines are concerned, so taking steps to remove plagiarized content where appropriate not only helps you but HP as a whole.

1. Kylyssa profile image96
      Kylyssaposted 23 months ago in reply to this

That is great!

Once again, I'm reminded of how much more awesome HubPages policies are than those of that site that went down the tubes a few months ago!

The notices have been so plentiful that I was starting to freak out, thinking scrapers were going to get my hubs unpublished if I fell too far behind on filing DMCA reports and sending DMCA notices.

Thank you for the explanation.

3. SusannaDuffy profile image86
    SusannaDuffyposted 23 months ago

I've been penalised for someone else's theft. My hub was removed.
    I did, however, appreciate HP sending me the 3 places where my work was copied

4. fpherj48 profile image79
    fpherj48posted 23 months ago

as far as i know, HP does not get involved with this at all.  It's up to each individual hubber to take care of these issues.