jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (15 posts)

Statistics -- Incoming Links

1. William F. Torpey profile image84
    William F. Torpeyposted 7 years ago

HubPages provides statistics on our hubs that include, under "metrics," one or more asterisks indicating "Incoming Links. My question is this: Is there any way we can tell where these links are coming from?

1. relache profile image86
      relacheposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Google Analytics will give you a bunch of that.

2. gamergirl profile image61
    gamergirlposted 7 years ago

Hey William!!

I use the following:

3. William F. Torpey profile image84
    William F. Torpeyposted 7 years ago

Thanks, gamergirl. If I can figure out how and where to insert that code it will be great. The site looks good.

4. Lissie profile image87
    Lissieposted 7 years ago

Yahoo is simple to use on any site https://siteexplorer.search.yahoo.com/mysites
    you probably want to choose show links "except from this domain" otherwise all you will see is other hubs!

5. SweetiePie profile image83
    SweetiePieposted 7 years ago

I also use:

This website is very good because it tells you what websites are linking to your hubs with follow and no-follow links on google.  I love my backlinkwatch smile.

6. britneydavidson profile image60
    britneydavidsonposted 7 years ago

well....if you are following google then you must know about the google approved links...for that type link:http://your url and you will be able to see the google approved links..

7. SweetiePie profile image83
    SweetiePieposted 7 years ago

backlinkwatch.com does this in one easy step by showing your follow links.

8. BG Guest profile image59
    BG Guestposted 7 years ago

thanks for the backlinkwatch site,
    but now i worry as I entered my site I have 1 back link and 76 pending I wonder why that is?

9. johnr54 profile image70
    johnr54posted 7 years ago

The Google tool is useless for looking at backlinks.  Matt Cutts with Google has stated that they intentionally don't report all the links they see, and if you have a website with the Google Webmaster tool installed, you can see for yourself that they actually see a lot more links than they show in the link:site,com command because the number of links they show in the Webmaster tools is always much higher than the number they show in the link: command.

The Yahoo tool is a much better look at the number of links that even Google is seeing than the Google tool.

1. SweetiePie profile image83
      SweetiePieposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I like to use backlinkwatch.com also because it detects links that the yahoo tool does not.  iwebtool.com is another good one.

10. earnestshub profile image87
    earnestshubposted 7 years ago

What you say about Google is spot on.

11. Mark Grey profile image60
    Mark Greyposted 7 years ago

Well, I have to add backlinkwatc is my favourite, quick easy and generally reliable, just donĀ“t go above 1000 links smile it struggles then!!!

12. Toronto12 profile image59
    Toronto12posted 7 years ago

I like www.marketleap.com - get Google, Yahoo, and MSN reports in one.

But like the poster above mentioned, Google doesn't show all backlinks - but I believe that Yahoo does.

13. Writer Fox profile image81
    Writer Foxposted 2 years ago

Please don't reply to this post.
    That's a spam link and this is a five-year-old thread.