jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Very interesting article on how Google treats anchor text

1. Daisydot profile image60
    Daisydotposted 23 months ago

It's worth keeping what he says in mind if you link to your hubs from your other web 2.0 properties (eg infobarrel) or from your blog.

If anyone's traffic dropped on Oct 17th (penguin 3.0) they should pay particular attention

2. LeanMan profile image82
    LeanManposted 23 months ago

No evidence to back up what he has to say.....

Do a Google search on "Click here" and you will find the home page of Adobe as the vast majority of the links online to download Adobe say - "Click here".. So Anchor text is still a high ranking factor as to what traffic Google will send to a site...

That being said it is easy for Google to spot an unnatural link profile so just don't do it!!

3. Daisydot profile image60
    Daisydotposted 23 months ago

LeanMan - anchor text is definitely an issue for those who have been penalised by penguin.

If people lost their rankings on Oct 17th (penguin day), then it doesn't hurt to give what he says a try. Beats doing nothing.

4. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 23 months ago

Not necessarily.  Sometimes when people just try anything they see they can in fact make their stuation worse.

5. viryabo profile image86
    viryaboposted 23 months ago

There will always be a Penguin,  Panda, and what not. Maybe there'll  be a Unicorn sometime in future. Who knows. In my case,  traffic rises and drops ALL the time.

I've ceased to worry about Google problems long ago. I just work/tweak/update my hubs whenever I can,  which is often these days.

6. Blackspaniel1 profile image79
    Blackspaniel1posted 22 months ago

Thanks.  I did not even know what anchored text was.