jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (20 posts)

I finally finished updating all of my hubs today!!

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image95
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 23 months ago

Finally, and at last!  You may remember that at the end of August I took an overnight 90% hit for articles that were doing really well prior to that day.  At the time I had 147 hubs.  As of today, I have whittled that number down to 78...all of which are in one single niche...and have completely updated every single one of them in an attempt to raise my ranking.  As you can see from my hubber score, this has worked well, here...but it will take time to see what Google thinks.  This has been a massive undertaking, but I can tell you that it is obvious to me that this needed to be done and my work is SO much better than it was.  Just wanted to share my sigh of relief with you guys!

1. MelRootsNWrites profile image90
      MelRootsNWritesposted 23 months ago in reply to this

Congratulations TimeTraveler!  I made it through my first round awhile ago, took a break, and now am looking at them again.  (I only started with 80).  Right now, my traffic is terrible, but I am optimistic.  And, I hope you'll keep us posted on how your hubs are doing.

2. sallybea profile image96
      sallybeaposted 23 months ago in reply to this

Well done - hope you get the results you deserve.

3. Millionaire Tips profile image90
      Millionaire Tipsposted 23 months ago in reply to this

Congratulations - that is quite an achievement.  I am glad you have been justly rewarded with a 100 hub score. I probably need to take another editing pass at my hubs again as soon as I have the time.

4. oceansnsunsets profile image88
      oceansnsunsetsposted 23 months ago in reply to this

I'm so glad that worked so well for you!  Congratulations, that has to feel really good!

2. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 23 months ago

Bravo, TT2.  Now sit back and enjoy Thanksgiving week.  smile You know views will most likely take a holiday dip.

TIMETRAVELER2posted 23 months ago in reply to this

On the other hand, Thanksgiving weekend is a time when lots of people are off work and playing around with their computers and some may be dreaming already of summer travel!  We'll see!

3. Michael Kismet profile image90
    Michael Kismetposted 23 months ago

I remember when your traffic fell TT2, that was grim news indeed! To cut your total hubs down by half is very brave of you.  Please do keep us updated on your progress. My hub topics are all over the map, so I'd be very interested to see how your sacrifices pan out with Google. Best of luck to you.

Well, it was not easy to do because a good number of those articles had been getting decent views.  However, reworking 147 articles would have taken forever, and I strongly feel that niche writing is the wave of online writing''s future.

Although views still are not great, my CPMs have skyrocketed since doing this...which means I actually am making money!  So far, I have made payout every month since "the disaster"!  I expect it to be a very slow crawl back to what was, but who knows?

I'll be in touch.

4. Craftypicks profile image78
    Craftypicksposted 23 months ago

I moved only 40 lenses from Squidoo to Hubs. Traffic stunk on Squidoo. Even though I had around 150 lenses on Squidoo and now only 40 on Hubs my earnings have been better on Hubs by a lot. I haven't seen traffic scores in a week here, but my bank earnings go up each day. I don't plan on making new Hubs for a while. I am still settling all my articles in various places.

Many who write here seem to think that the more they write, the more they make, but I disagree.  This only works if everything you write is really good.  If all you are doing is producing garbage, the that is what you will get when it comes time to getting views and money.

Hopefully the lenses you left behind were not that great but the 40 you brought here are.  If that is the case, just work with them until you feel they are good and then add to them later.

Doing this has been a huge amount of work, and I know the Squids who came here are facing that, also.

I have often thought that if I was one of the people who transferred, I would immediately unpublish every article and then update them one at a time.  That way I would not feel pressured and would be able to produce good work...but that's just me. 

Good luck here.

5. Don Bobbitt profile image92
    Don Bobbittposted 23 months ago

6. word55 profile image83
    word55posted 23 months ago

7. m abdullah javed profile image79
    m abdullah javedposted 23 months ago

Thats a wonderful task Timetraveller. I think everyone of us have an undying wish of updating the published hubs but you know, as far me, it looks a hurculean task, seldom find time to undertake. Your job is commendable.

8. Snakesmum profile image90
    Snakesmumposted 23 months ago

Congrats, Timetraveller, that's a huge task out of the way.   Hope it
    continues to work out well for you.

9. LongTimeMother profile image97
    LongTimeMotherposted 23 months ago

Good luck with it, TT2. You've obviously worked hard. smile

10. evelynsaenz1 profile image81
    evelynsaenz1posted 23 months ago

Congratulations! What a feat! smile

11. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 23 months ago

I am in the process of revamping my hubs.....ummmm..........

gmwilliams:  Plan on spending a lot of time to do this.  It has taken me months!  Good luck!

1. ologsinquito profile image93
        ologsinquitoposted 23 months ago in reply to this

I spent time upgrading a couple of my former Squidoo lenses last week, and brought another from my HP up to standard. This type of work is exhausting, and not fun, but I think it's necessary in order to get more traffic and keep what I have.