RESOLVED: Stats say are updated, but are not

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (50 posts)
  1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image84
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 9 years ago

I just noticed that the stats look like they are working again!!!  I pretty much knew what my views should add up to, and while some of the stats are still incorrect, the total views is pretty close to being accurate.  I hope this is permanent!!  YIPPEE

1. PegCole17 profile image94
      PegCole17posted 9 years agoin reply to this

THANK YOU, thank you, thank you. Feeling much better now...

2. peachpurple profile image82
      peachpurpleposted 9 years agoin reply to this

yes! Yes! My stats had finally changed and my earning increased too. Thank God it is Monday!

3. Christy Kirwan profile image89
      Christy Kirwanposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hi All,

For Hubbers who are experiencing a gap between your Analytics stats and ours, could please send an email to team at hubpages dot com with screenshots of your Analytics and HubPages stats?

Our Engineering Team has been hard at work for the last few days trying to get to the bottom of this bug. We hope to have it fixed soon. Thanks for being patient with us.

1. Cardisa profile image88
        Cardisaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Christy, this is much better than us not knowing exactly what's happening. I got really concerned the other day the the forum was marked Resolved when clearly it was.

Thanks for the update.

4. the clean life profile image70
      the clean lifeposted 9 years agoin reply to this

My daily views have been the same number for almost one week and still as of today they are the same

5. Matthew Meyer profile image72
      Matthew Meyerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Just to clarify.
      We are currently working to determine and resolve an issue affecting stats.
      It appears that the stats information has not updated in some days despite indicating as such on the stats page.

1. suzzycue profile image88
        suzzycueposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Matthew Meyer:)

2. thomasczech profile image45
        thomasczechposted 9 years agoin reply to this

thanks

2. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 9 years ago

Mine are nothing near what Webmaster tools and GA is telling me.

TIMETRAVELER2posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Linda:  I think there still are some glitches but at least we have something now!

3. LindaSmith1 profile image60

Better than nothing.  My concern is that there will be the claim that problem is fixed and all is well.

I don't think so...they made that mistake once, and I doubt they will make it again because it irritated so many people.  I think by tomorrow the numbers will be back to normal.  Remember that views on GA are figured differently than those on HP.

4. janderson99 profile image54
    janderson99posted 9 years ago

The traffic sources data has not been updated as yet.

5. LindaSmith1 profile image60

GA stats are at least double in comparison to what HP says.

Linda:  I don't see that on my GA numbers...they appear to be pretty much in sync with what HP has reported so far.  I'm not sure now that this has been totally fixed as I see this morning that it has been 18 hours since the last update.  Ugh!

1. LindaSmith1 profile image60
        LindaSmith1posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Big difference for me!  HP is behind GA as far as numbers go.

1. viryabo profile image94
          viryaboposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Waaaay behind!

6. Jodah profile image91
    Jodahposted 9 years ago

Yes, finally. Hooray!

7. MelRootsNWrites profile image89
    MelRootsNWritesposted 9 years ago

Unfortunately, my stats and GA match perfectly (meaning, I'd really like to go back to my Halloween stats, please...LOL)  Now to work to get my traffic back.

8. NateB11 profile image88
    NateB11posted 9 years ago

For a long while it was saying they updated but were not. Then it updated yesterday and not again for a whole day I think and now today it appears to have updated once. Whether it matches GA is hard to tell, because the updates are on again off again and frozen, etc.

9. LindaSmith1 profile image60

I cannot do screen shots, key is broken.

10. Jodah profile image91
    Jodahposted 9 years ago

Well my stats definitely seem to be working again. I got 451 views on one of my hubs in the last 24 hours, something I have never had before..and 114 on another that previously had a low number of views. One hub that a month ago was my lowest scoring hub at about 52 is now my highest at 90. Weird but I'm not complaining now.

1. janshares profile image92
      jansharesposted 9 years agoin reply to this

That's great, Jodah. Good for you. smile Enjoy it.

1. Jodah profile image91
        Jodahposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Jan, I will. Just hope this isn't another glitch.

Oh boy. With what others are saying, and the fact that one of mine is now showing more than usual since this morning, I'm thinking it may be the glitch Matthew is referring to. Rats! Let's hope not. hmm

That hub I refer to above continues to show even more views! God, I hope it's real and not a glitch. Happy Thanksgiving everybody. smile

Edit: Bummer. GA not showing the same views. Oh well. Happy Thanksgiving!

1. The Examiner-1 profile image59
              The Examiner-1posted 9 years agoin reply to this

They usually are Jan. GA seems to be faster.

So those hundreds of views reported by HP aren't real then, huh? sad

janshares:  I would not count on anything being correct with the stats right now.  It is always possible that your hub has sort of gone viral, but there is no way to know...especially if GA is significantly different right now.

So true, TIMETRAVELER2. I really am confused right now with all that's been going on. To add to that, my earnings were up more than usual yesterday, like back to where they'd been, which would indicate that I did get more views. But with all the glitches and changes, I can't tell what's real anymore.

2. rebekahELLE profile image85
      rebekahELLEposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I found one of my hubs showing 444 views for a 24 hour period which doesn't match GA which shows less.   GA showed more overall for the week, but HP views weren't too far off except on the one hub.

1. Jeannieinabottle profile image92
        Jeannieinabottleposted 9 years agoin reply to this

My stats seem strange, too.  One hub that barely gets traffic suddenly has 80 views in 24 hours.  Even stranger, I click on the hub's stats to see where the traffic is coming from and it says the bulk of the traffic is coming from google.com.hk.  As far as I can tell, that means all the traffic is coming from Hong Kong.  That does not seem right.  There are other strange stats, too, but that seems the weirdest.  I suspect it is a glitch.

11. LindaSmith1 profile image60

90 percent, at least, are showing zero.
    One that had zero an hour or so ago, suddenly has 12 views.
    This is crazy!

1. Matthew Meyer profile image72

Can you share a screenshot of the Google analytics for that Hub as well as the title?  I will then share that with our engineering team.

Thanks!

12. LindaSmith1 profile image60

Gifts Under $10: HP says 12.   GA for 25-26th  Says 2

Cordless Can Openers-Black & Decker Gizmo Can Opener Review    HP says 1     GA says 14       GA for 25-26th

I cannot do screenshots!  Key broken.

Views HP: 35     GA: Pageviews 88

Thanks Linda.

Can you provide an hourly GA breakdown for both hubs 25th-26th?
      A screenshot would be ideal.

Here are instructions for taking a screenshot in Windows 7/8.
      http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/wind … =windows-8

1. LindaSmith1 profile image60
        LindaSmith1posted 9 years agoin reply to this

I know how to do a screenshot.  One of the keys on my keyboard that I need to use is broken!!!!   Broken key, no screenshot!

At this point, after months of bugs, etc, I have niche sites where I can start moving my niche hubs to.

The instructions I provided do not require a print screen button.
          There is a program included with windows called Snipping Tool that allows you to do a screenshot.

Well, thanks for that one!  Now I need to know how you copy what you've snipped to the forums!  I have a screen shot I have been wanting to share for ages, but have never known how to do so.  That snipping tool is pretty cool, but now tell me the rest, ok?

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/12026445_f248.jpg
              http://s1.hubimg.com/u/12026446_f248.jpg
              http://s2.hubimg.com/u/12026447_f248.jpg
              Then select an image from your computer.

1. The Examiner-1 profile image59
                  The Examiner-1posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I agree.

2. Judy Filarecki profile image70
                Judy Filareckiposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Matthew, you are aware that the photo option is not available when you post on the feed page where HubPages opens up to. It is only available when you post directly inside of a forum. Perhaps you should look into this see why it is not available there and have them correct that so it is available.

13. Judy Filarecki profile image70
    Judy Filareckiposted 9 years ago

You normally save the screen shot as a jpg and then click on the icon of the camera n the post area to add the jpeg. The problem here, now, is that I don't see that icon any more so there is no place to enter. Now I'm confused.

I thought you would be able to save the image to desktop and then copy and paste it, but as far as I can see, you can't do this.

14. Judy Filarecki profile image70
    Judy Filareckiposted 9 years ago

I just discovered that if you reply on the feed page, which is what I did, the camera icon is not available. When you post directly in the forum which is what I am doing now, the icon is just at the bottom right  below the post area.
    http://s1.hubimg.com/u/12016670.jpg

Click on the camera . It will disappear, but just below it you will so where to retrieve your photo.

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/12016666.jpg

Hope that helps.
    Judy

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)