jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

Creating a profile

1. Cheryl Cuddeback profile image80
    Cheryl Cuddebackposted 2 years ago

After entering all text and links when starting my new profile,my laptop froze.  As a result I lost all the text and links I entered into my new profile.   Being a disparate woman, I did a search through my Apps Data File for the word Hub hoping to find a backup of my input.  But alas, all hopes are dashed.    Would perchance HubPages have a back up of my input somewhere.  Thank you for having this venue for asking for assistance.  I will patiently await your answer.

1. Millionaire Tips profile image88
      Millionaire Tipsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Welcome to HubPages.  What links are you referring to? Your Facebook and Twitter links are there.  The profile itself doesn't allow links.

Cheryl Cuddebackposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for your quick reply and question.  I was able to re-enter my links, but I lost all the text in my Bio.

2. Matthew Meyer profile image78
      Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

We do try to automatically save Hubs, but it your computer crashed before the content was saved, then, unfortunately, it is gone.

If your computer or internet connection is unstable, you may want to edit content locally and save it in a plain text editor like Notepad++

Cheryl Cuddebackposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks so much.  I usually do edit the content locally then paste it into the necessary on-line field but, oh well.  I didn't.

working