jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

What should traffic look like over time?

1. Ghaaz B profile image84
    Ghaaz Bposted 23 months ago

For a good hub with a high hubscore, what sorts of numbers do you expect in the first few days? Is 100-200 views in 3 days absolutely terrible, or not a bad start?

1. peachpurple profile image79
      peachpurpleposted 23 months ago in reply to this

i am not good at this numbers. I would be grateful to get 160 views for 120 hubs. 200 views would be better

2. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 23 months ago

I think you're off to a good start.  Your hub is well written and interesting to read. It has a lot of potential to find a specific audience. Good luck and keep writing. You have your own unique style and readers like that. I have it bookmarked to read more thoroughly. smile

1. Ghaaz B profile image84
      Ghaaz Bposted 23 months ago in reply to this

Thanks Rebekah!

I'll return the favour and check out one of your hubs!

3. Maffew James profile image98
    Maffew Jamesposted 23 months ago

You can't really apply an average to traffic because it all depends on your marketing plan.

If you rely on organic traffic, for example, the traffic to an article will depend on proper use of keywords and on-page SEO, backlinks back to your article, your rank in Google results for the primary keyword, how many people search for that keyword and thus view your article in the Google results each day, and how many click through to the article from the search results page and thus actually read it.

If you rely on social media, your traffic will depend on how often your content is shared, linked to, and who is doing the sharing. Traffic from many forms of social media will have a time-frame on it because your article can only be visible for so long before it falls below newer content on platforms like Facebook and Twitter. Traffic from this source is dependent on how many people share your link, how many actually view it, and whether powerful people are sharing it to their large networks of followers and friends.

Then you have subscribers and followers, who come back regularly to view your content. A large subscription list makes it likely that new content that is published will be viewed by many subscribers afterwards, and hopefully linked to and shared on social media. Often, they will only view it once though and won't return until you have something new to offer again. This is a reliable but transient form of traffic that requires constant updates to maintain views.

Ideally, for the best results, you want to receive large amounts of unique traffic from search engines each day. You want to convert a large proportion of this traffic into followers, and you want those followers to help you out by sharing and linking to your content to draw in social views and help raise your content higher in search engines. All of this requires a good marketing strategy based on your niche, demographic, and personal style.

4. Sherry Hewins profile image95
    Sherry Hewinsposted 23 months ago

I don't think how well a hub does in the first three days tells you anything about how the hub will perform over time.