jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Please review my new hub - all suggestions welcome!

1. MauKat profile image60
    MauKatposted 7 years ago

Hi, I finally finished my first hub, it took me awhile!

I would love any and all critiques and criticism. In fact, it will help me the most if you can tell me what is wrong with it, and what you would do different.

I did spend some time looking at hubs about making hubs. I think I got some pretty good advice. Thanks all!

Here's the link.

How To Wipe Out Credit Card Debt

2. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

Bravo Maukat! very well written. smile n welcome to HubPages! people here are wonderful.

3. MauKat profile image60
    MauKatposted 7 years ago

Thanks for the wonderful welcome Dame Scribe!
    And thanks to all the people that are stopping by my Hub, even if you aren't commenting. smile

4. James Wikman profile image78
    James Wikmanposted 7 years ago

Wow that makes my hub seem short.  Well researched and well written.  Good work!

5. desinet1 profile image61
    desinet1posted 7 years ago

Seems like I have to learn a lot.
    Yours appears to be a well-written page. But personally speaking, I prefer a little shorter pages. I get distracted easily with long text.

6. sunforged profile image68
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

I think it is an appropriate length, long enough to cover the issue.

Catering to the short attention spans or writing for the lowest common denominator of comprehension quickly becomes dull.

Welcome and good luck

7. MauKat profile image60
    MauKatposted 7 years ago

Thanks for all the comments.  I do wonder about length.  I have heard different viewpoints.  Some people seem to think that longer hubs are better for Google, while shorter hubs are better for readers.

For me, I just want to make sure I cover the subject well, and for me that usually comes to around 1,000 words.

Maybe it would be better to write an overveiw in the first part of the hub and then go into detail later in the hub?

8. GeneriqueMedia profile image60
    GeneriqueMediaposted 7 years ago

Well done. smile