jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Google Adsense ca-pub code versus html code -- did I miss something?

1. Karen Lanigan profile image84
    Karen Laniganposted 23 months ago

My Google AdSense account has an affiliate code (ca-pub-XXX) and is designated as "Active." But I received an email recently from Adsense that says, "Your application has been successfully reviewed. Now you need to create your first ad unit and place the ad code on http://karenlanigan.hubpages.com/ to fully activate your account. Note that before your account is fully activated, only blank ads will appear on your pages." When I go to my hubs, I see ads. And when I followed the AdSense instructions for creating an ad unit, I got some html code that I was told to add to my webpage.

Do I need to do anything with the html code? Is my account already fully activated? Should I ignore the email from AdSense? I'm confused.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

1. sallybea profile image96
      sallybeaposted 23 months ago in reply to this

As far as I remember you will not have to add the code to HubPages - you would need to use the code only it this were monetizing a website of your own.

2. NateB11 profile image92
      NateB11posted 23 months ago in reply to this

Yeah, you just add your publisher ID (ca-pub-xxxxx) to right spot on the earning settings here. The html code is  for people who run their own sites.

2. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 23 months ago

I don't remember doing anything but adding the publishers code. If it is saying active then it is active from what i understand.  Google does not know that this is not your own website.  Their instructions are for web sites.  This is an issue that needs to be added to the learning center.

3. Karen Lanigan profile image84
    Karen Laniganposted 23 months ago

Thank you!