jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

Google Analytics

1. Tricia Deed profile image91
    Tricia Deedposted 2 years ago

Is Google analytics ON automatically or do you have to sign in to Google and apply for it. Are the Google Analytics necessary?

1. NateB11 profile image92
      NateB11posted 2 years ago in reply to this

You are not required to have a Google Analytics account, but it helps if you want to keep track of your stats as far as visitors go and where they come from; this can help too if you are into seeing what keywords they use to reach your articles, if you want to use them for future articles (for instance).

You have to sign up for Google Analytics if you are going to use it. I think you can start from here at HP at the earnings page where you configure Google Analytics; I think it gives you a choice to start an Analytics account and then it takes you to Analytics; or you can just go to Analytics and start an account. From Google Analytics you have to get your account number and put it into the spot it goes here on HP from the earnings page/setup. There's more detailed instructions in the Learning Center which you can get to through the Help button up in the upper right of the screen. or type Google Anaytics into the HP search and it should give you results for Learning Center instructions on it.

1. Tricia Deed profile image91
        Tricia Deedposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Nate,
        Thank you very much for your answer. I appreciated it.

1. NateB11 profile image92
          NateB11posted 2 years ago in reply to this

No problem, Tricia.

working