jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

I am sad!

1. Hope Centre profile image61
    Hope Centreposted 23 months ago

I feel like a total loser. I joined this amazing a few days back. I wrote only one hub so far. then i realized I can't write any further...there is a lot of stuff all ready written on every topic. I feel so bad.

1. peachpurple profile image79
      peachpurpleposted 23 months ago in reply to this

yeah, don't give up yet. A lot of my hubs are repeated titles from other hubbers and i just change the title, write my own stuff. People still reads them

2. ergonomic profile image83
    ergonomicposted 23 months ago

Don't quit yet. A lot of content on any topic means it is a hot topic and has lots of traffic. Can Hubpages saturate the market on every topic like Wikipedia? I don't think so. You can also write content based on current events for example 2014 Christmas or even expectations for 2015. All the best.

3. PinoyMom profile image79
    PinoyMomposted 23 months ago

write things like your hobbies, there is no need to worry if there are lots of hubs with the same topic, because your own experience makes it unique

4. 75
    OliviaMKposted 23 months ago

I have to agree with PinoyMom.  Yes, it may be the case that someone has already written an article on something you wanted to write about, but this will happen a lot.  What you have to bear in mind is that everyone writes differently and with a different perspective.  An example of this is someone writing about the benefits of exercise.  One person might write a very informative and scientific article on the physiological benefits and focus on all the chemical and hormone changes and so on.  Another person may write on the same subject matter, but concentrate more on the emotional sense of wellbeing that exercise brings and the psychlogical benefits of seeing a trimmer body in the mirror. Both are good articles, but one may appeal more to one person than the other.  It all comes down to using your own voice and we all have our own unique voice and our own unique way of seeing things.