jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

A reminder about payout thresholds

1. annmackiemiller profile image85
    annmackiemillerposted 23 months ago

I had already decided to take my photo journals off Hubpages a while ago, this in on my original account because it doesn't so as well as the new one. Despite the fact I only had 4 hubs (and those only on my new account) affected by the filter these last couple of days, I have decided it is time to go and will spend my time moving, deindexing and all the other tedious stuff. 

I know a lot of people who are feeling the same and I just wanted to remind you that if your earnings are below the $50 payout you will forfeit that money. I emailed them saying I wanted to close my account and could I have the $36 on my old account - they said no.

1. neosurk profile image88
      neosurkposted 23 months ago in reply to this

If you don't mind me asking, how long did it take for you to reach the $36 mark? If it took long, I can understand. Otherwise, this might be the worst time to move your hubs. You never know what kind of sale you can refer in this crazy holiday season!

1. annmackiemiller profile image85
        annmackiemillerposted 23 months ago in reply to this

this is on my old account and I've had 3 payouts in 3 years I think. I'm keeping some hubs going to bring it up to the $50.
        my new account does better.

2. peachpurple profile image79
      peachpurpleposted 23 months ago in reply to this

firstly, i am sorry to hear you quitting this place, but i pray that you will do well elsewhere. I ddin't know that you can'r get back your money but I think since you haven't reach $50, i don't think so you could get anything.

2. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 23 months ago

Yes, you forfeit all earnings if you close an account and have not met payout minimum. This one also applies if HP shuts down your account for whatever reason. This is why people should read the TOS, etc when they join these sites before they do anything.