jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (17 posts)

Gratitude towards The HubPages!

1. swilliams profile image82
    swilliamsposted 23 months ago

I have nothing but praise for the Hubpages! Through the Hubpages I was able to use my blogs as an online portfolio, by doing so I was able to sign with an established agency that works with major entertainment companies, on popular series such as, ‘The Night Shift’, ‘Breaking Bad’, and their hopeful spin off series, which are just a few of their well-known projects.
    It would be wrong and ungrateful for me to keep this beneficial news to myself. The Hubpages is helpful to writers and authors, at least from where I'm standing. Taking the time out to fix Hubs may be exhuasting, yet it is worth it. You never know who will stop by.

It is easy groan about what we don’t like. I too have groaned about my Hubscore in the past; however I discovered the big picture! The Hubpages provided me with the means to network and to talk about my passion in life and connect with those who share the same zeal.

I desire to present the best work that I can to better establish a relationship with experienced authors and writers who are passionate about creating great content. In order to do so boundaries have to be set. I’m learning something new every day.

Most writing outlets have closed down; I want to support a channel that is passionate about running a proficient site.

Thanks Paul Edmondson and the Hubpages staff, for giving me a place to showcase my work, and I look forward to the productive changes!

swilliamsposted 23 months ago in reply to this

Congrats Anamika! Thanks for your truthful insight LongTime Mother, and M L Morgan! We all have strengths in different areas of writing. The HubPages encourages writers to improve in all areas. Most writing sites do not offer guidelines to help writers and other sites charge writers for help. It pays to have a positive and mind-set.

2. Phyllis Doyle profile image96
      Phyllis Doyleposted 23 months ago in reply to this

swilliams - you have a wonderful way of looking at things and I so admire your praise to HubPages. HP has given me so much to be grateful for and I love it here. When I first joined I was so focused on my sores and how much I earned each day. I finally saw that I was stressing myself out. Now I write for the pure pleasure of being able to create stories, poems, or hubs on history, and several other topics - the earnings I get are just a nice surprise.

It is wonderful to see everyone here with positive thoughts and motivating comments. Blessings to you.

3. Solaras profile image92
      Solarasposted 23 months ago in reply to this

Lovely for you and Anamika to share your successes with us!  There has been so much negativity lately; this is a refreshing reminder of all of the positives things we can do, and the rewards that can come with it!

2. Anamika S profile image70
    Anamika Sposted 23 months ago

Same here! When I started writing on HubPages, I knew nothing much about Online Writing, SEO and Social Media. My first articles were so pathetic, but in no time I started seeing appreciation for my content and decent earnings.Today I work with a Celebrity and have many Social Media & Online Reputation Management Clients. HubPages helped me get noticed and I will forever be grateful for that.

3. LongTimeMother profile image98
    LongTimeMotherposted 23 months ago

Hello swilliams and Anamika S. Congratulations to you both!! And thanks for sharing your success stories.

I suspect at least part of your success was largely due to your attitude. Some people find it harder than others to accept that perhaps their writing isn't quite as good as they think it is, so they stick to their old ways and don't make changes.

With the benefit of hindsight - when you can see real improvement - it all seems worth it. Sadly, some folk never stop resisting and so they never reach that 'ah-hah' moment. I am so pleased for both of you, and I wish you every success!

4. 0
    M L Morganposted 23 months ago

Well said and well done smile

5. janshares profile image88
    jansharesposted 23 months ago

Great post, swilliams. I love your spirit and attitude. Congrats on your journey to success. I've had my share of frustrations and learning curves along the way, and still learning. But overall, the HP platform has helped me to build my brand and share information with my clients through my articles and poem hubs. With God as my business partner, I am grateful and feel blessed. But I still need to vent every now and then about bumps on the road to achieving online writing success. It's not easy but it is worth it. smile

Hi Janshares! You are a blessed writer! I am a fan of your in-depth poems that touch on raw emotions in a delicate glowing light. I;ve never known you to be a writer of complaint more  inquisitive and dedicated towards understanding the turth about how this industry works. Because of this I enjoy following your forums which seem void of negativity. I value your class as a poet and a businesswoman Janshares!

Colorfulone Congrats on graduating from Boot  Camp! Your Hubs are solid and full of unique and fascinating information!

2. ologsinquito profile image93
      ologsinquitoposted 23 months ago in reply to this

Janshares, you can't find a better business partner. smile

I agree Ologsinquito! smile

2. janshares profile image88
        jansharesposted 23 months ago in reply to this

Hugs to you both!

6. colorfulone profile image89
    colorfuloneposted 23 months ago

Those are wonderful testimonies of what writing on HubPages can do, @swilliams and @Anamika.

Thank you for sharing. smile

7. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image76
    sunilkunnoth2012posted 23 months ago

You are a good writer with great passion.  HP is a good platform to write, grow and glow.  It gives tons of scope to polish our skill though earnings are minimal. Your spirit and positive attitude will work more wonders for you. Best of luck. God bless you.

Author Sunil Kunnoth, this is such complement coming from a well respected writer who embraces progression with enthusiam! Thank you!

8. Anamika S profile image70
    Anamika Sposted 23 months ago

Thanks a lot everyone! Congrats on your success swilliams.
    I have several flaws but being ungrateful is just not me. Credit has to be given where it is due. I have always spoken high of HubPages even in the midst of negativity. My Celebrity assignment did not come to me because of HubPages, it came because of some content I published on a Film and TV Shows based site. But HubPages is indirectly responsible too as I got into Social Media and SEO to improve my writing here. I also improved my knowledge on many topics I wrote here because I wanted to get the facts right. Being part of HubPages helped me get noticed by many after that. So basically, HubPages has helped me in becoming better. I have shared my experience of working with the Celebrity on my Hub on Ghost Blogging (http://hub.me/adtm1).

I will agree Anamika the Hubpages is a great tool to help build your brand. Marketing can cost anywhere from $2,500-$5,000 per month. The fact that the Hubpages provides their writers with key guidelines on how to build your brand free of charge is generous on their behalf. I think some writers get stuck on the ad earnings there is a bigger picture to focus on. This Hubpage link is very helpful! http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/How- … line-Brand