jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Can I Remove Any Hub to Post Somewhere?

1. mjkamrul profile image85
    mjkamrulposted 23 months ago

Hello Hubbers,

I want to remove some of my hubs and post them to my other blog. Could you please let me the procedure?

1. psycheskinner profile image83
      psycheskinnerposted 23 months ago in reply to this

You delete it here.  Then you can do what you like with it.

1. peachpurple profile image79
        peachpurpleposted 23 months ago in reply to this

yeah, delete the hub first, check at google again after a few days. make sure it is not found then you can post it elsewhere

2. clivewilliams profile image80
      clivewilliamsposted 23 months ago

If you had written the hub directly on hub-pages platform and not Microsoft word or other text application, first you will need to save the hub from hub-pages. To do this: Select File-Save Page As - Select Save as Type as complete webpage - Click Save. You now have your hub on your computer. Verify that the hub you just saved as been saved properly and that all data is in tact. One this is done, delete the hub from hubpage and then post it to your blog. Note that you will see the hub still in your Hub stats listing but will eventually be removed in the next day or so. Good luck with your blog.

1. PegCole17 profile image90
        PegCole17posted 23 months ago in reply to this

What program would you use to open and check the file once saved? Document?
        Thanks, I'd like to back-up all my hubs this way.

3. relache profile image88
      relacheposted 23 months ago

If you do what has been suggested so far, and delete your content first before doing anything else, it can make the moving process much more annoying and problematic if it has been plagiarized elsewhere.

I strongly recommend you do not make deleting your content here your first step.

4. mjkamrul profile image85
      mjkamrulposted 23 months ago

Thanks all for helping me do this but one question - should I wait at least one month before it is de-indexed from google so it's not plagiarized material while posting in other blogs? Or, just few days is enough to republish it in another blogs?

5. LindaSmith1 profile image61
      LindaSmith1posted 23 months ago

I copy the URL of hub and save it.  Delete hub from here.  Go to Google URL removal tool and place URL there to be removed.  It may take up to a few days before you see it go from pending or removed. Once removed, I then use the article.   I move some this morning to my own blog before waiting for URL removal tool removed it, but I still used it even though article is on my own blog.

1. SusanSaies profile image82
        SusanSaiesposted 23 months ago in reply to this

If the hub has become unfeatured after being featured for about two years, is there anything extra to do? The traffic has always been low, so I doubt it was copied, but I've never checked.