jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (12 posts)

Picture misbehaving.

1. Sed-me profile image83
    Sed-meposted 2 years ago

Hi. I recently added a couple of pics to one of my hubs.
    (BTW, wouldn't it be nice if there were a way to add pic capsules anywhere in the hub, even after it is written, instead of them going straight to the end? But I digress.)
    It's a recipe hub (for stuffing) and b/c the pics are in steps, the unfinished product ends up being the "highlighted" picture... not so appetizing... uncooked, wet bread.
    So I put the pics out of order, placing the finished product first which did successfully make the finished product the cover photo... except on the "highlighted" slideshow. I deleted them all and did it again, but the first slide is that wet, unbaked bread. Ugh. Any suggestion? Did this even make sense? smile

1. Jodah profile image85
      Jodahposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Sed-me, if you have the text separated into a number of capsules you can place pictures between each capsule and to the right of each one. You can use the sliding capsule placement tool on the left to move them up and down to the location you want without selecting from the capsule menu on the right of the hub. I am not sure how to organise the pics in the slideshow though.

Sed-meposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hey, thanks Jodah! I didn't know about that tool.
        It still didn't change the highlighted pic unfortunately.

2. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 2 years ago

Is the wet dough picture a larger size than the nicer ones?

Hmmm... maybe. Probably only a little bit, but you're thinking it's too small to be highlighted? That hadn't occurred to me. Thanks. Maybe I can stretch it a bit.

1. relache profile image86
        relacheposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I have found the system will default to showing the image with the largest physical size as the highlighted image, regardless of image order in the Hub.

I suggest you reduce the wet dough so that it's dimensions are not larger than the image you want to be the "focus" and see if that does the trick.

Huh... so it is a default, not a restrictive/specific allowed size.
          That's interesting. I will have to shrink two of them then. Thank you.

2. Sed-me profile image83

Relache, I relish the awesome advise you gave me. (That's only funny if you pronounce your name as relish, and even then, it's not my best work... but I digress.)

You were absolutely right. My pic. being slightly smaller than the other two caused it to default to the larger and less attractive pic. for my highlight reel. I enlarged it, though it may be a bit blurry now... not sure... and it took the lead. Thank you again! smile

3. Millionaire Tips profile image88
    Millionaire Tipsposted 2 years ago

Beth, there are several ways to arrange capsules. One of them is on the left side of the capsules. If you hover over the space, you will see that you can add capsules anywhere you want, and it won't show up all the way at the end. As Jodah said, you have to have your text in separate capsules to arrange them effectively. You do not have to put titles in your capsules if you don't want.

The other way is to add the boxes from the right, which is what I think you are doing.
    Below those boxes there is a way you can change the formatting of the whole hub.  You can actually drag the capsule from wherever it is now to wherever you want it to be, without having to click it and move it one space at a time.

That's awesome, thanks!

4. Joel Diffendarfer profile image95
    Joel Diffendarferposted 2 years ago

Hi Beth, under Hub Tools there is a very good narrative with examples on how to use the mechanics.  It has helped me a lot.  http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/usin … d_14092610

Thank you as well.

working