jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

Using Amazon Capsule or Text Link?

1. mjkamrul profile image84
    mjkamrulposted 2 years ago

Hello Dear Hubbers,

I've a bit confusion about amazon link. If I make amazon affiliate program active on HP  and use simple amazon text link on any product (not included my affiliate Id) without using Amazon capsule then can I get earning commission when someone clicks and buy product? Or I should use only amazon capsule for earnings? Also can I use both amazon and ebay on same article? Thanks

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hi mj,

You can use text links (a maximum of 2 per Hub) to Amazon, and you will still get commission. You can use both Amazon and eBay capsules in the same Hub, but we recommend no more than 2-3 very relevant product capsules per Hub.

1. Millionaire Tips profile image88
        Millionaire Tipsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Christy, do the text links have to have an affiliate id, or will that also happen automatically like the capsules?

1. Matthew Meyer profile image78
          Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Your affiliate code is not automatically added to Amazon product page links in your Hubs.

2. peachpurple profile image77
      peachpurpleposted 2 years ago in reply to this

i use the amazon capsules and add in my amazon id in the earning account. But i never earn a single cent either

2. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 2 years ago

I am pretty sure that text links are used with your own affiliate ID only!

1. Millionaire Tips profile image88
      Millionaire Tipsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

That's what I thought, but want to make sure.

3. mjkamrul profile image84
    mjkamrulposted 2 years ago

I also think so, text link should be with affiliate ID otherwise you won't get earning commission.

4. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 2 years ago

The affiliate code is built in with capsules only if you are part of HP Amazon program of which HP gives you the code, and if you decide to use your own Amazon affiliate account, put your Amazon ID in the proper spot, and it will added automatically to Amazon capsules only.

For text links: I go to Amazon Central, get product I want, click on get link and then use the shortened version for the text link.

1. peachpurple profile image77
      peachpurpleposted 2 years ago in reply to this

how do i put my amazon id in the proper spot? where is the spot? You mean i can't use the capsule? I have created my own amazon id thru amazon

5. Dressage Husband profile image78
    Dressage Husbandposted 2 years ago

This does not answer the question as to which one it is better to use.

working