jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Amazon ad changed itself

1. innerspin profile image88
    innerspinposted 22 months ago

Amazon ads should be related directly to our hubs., which is understandable. I don't place many, and check every now and then that they are displaying okay. This morning I found an Amazon ad for anti wrinkle eye cream on a hub about different causes of dizziness and vertigo. What? It was supposed to be an ad for a book advising how to reduce salt intake, (relevant to some causes of vertigo.) Do Amazon ads change themselves if the product is out of stock?

1. Millionaire Tips profile image90
      Millionaire Tipsposted 22 months ago in reply to this

Did you put a particular product ID on the ad, or did you use a keyword?  It is possible that it was the closest keyword match.

1. innerspin profile image88
        innerspinposted 22 months ago in reply to this

I used keywords on this ad, with the word "salt" included. Looking back, the eye cream referred to sea salt to reduce dark circles.

I've seen ads go blank if the product is out of stock, but not had one change to something entirely different. Thanks for the input and advice, everyone....lesson learned!

2. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 22 months ago in reply to this

Amazon ads will only change if you add products by keyword, which is no longer recommended due to problems Iike you just saw with relevancy.

2. Phyllis Doyle profile image95
    Phyllis Doyleposted 22 months ago

This does happen from time to time. Just go in and change the product to the one you want. I do not know why Amazon does that - it is frustrating.

1. sallybea profile image96
      sallybeaposted 22 months ago in reply to this

Most likely it was because an item was no longer available!

3. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 22 months ago

When a product is no longer available, I have seen it where the capsule is there but nothing else.  I would check the ASIN for your product on Amazon, see if it is out of stock, etc and then simply redo your Amazon capsule.