jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Getting Started on mTurk

1. PBody5205 profile image88
    PBody5205posted 2 years ago

Hello,

I recently wanted to take the qualification test on mTurk to rate hubs, but I'm running into an issue.  I read all of the FAQ and material and decided that I didn't have enough time to go through the test at that time.  Then when I tried to go in tonight and accept the first hit, it told me that I had already requested the qualification and I couldn't accept the hit.  I'd like to get started with Hubpages on mTurk, but need some help here.  I tried to find a link to contact Hubpages directly on mTurk but couldn't find a way to do it.

Thanks!

2. JulieJohnson3 profile image74
    JulieJohnson3posted 2 years ago

When you decided you didn't have time to take the test, had you already accepted it? There is a time limit once you accept the Hit. I think it's five days. I've never had any luck re-requesting a qualification. Usually, the requesters are pretty firm about no retakes, but  I can't speak for HubPages. If you want to rate Hubs for the extra money, then I wouldn't bother. I check daily for Hubs to rate and the most I have found at one time is a handful, and those go quickly. If you only want to rate Hubs as a learning process and for the fun of it, then I would start here on HubPages.

3. PBody5205 profile image88

I don't believe I accepted the HIT, though I may have hit the "Request Qualification" link.  I can't find a way to contact Hubpages directly on mTurk either...so I'm not sure how to get in touch with anyone that can help me.

1. JulieJohnson3 profile image74
      JulieJohnson3posted 2 years ago in reply to this

That probably started the timer. How many days after that did you go back to take the test? The only way I'm able to contact them is through links under Account/Date/Requester, but only because I've done the Hits. I can't find any other way to contact them.

4. Millionaire Tips profile image88
    Millionaire Tipsposted 2 years ago

You can try contacting them from here.
    team@hubpages.com

5. PBody5205 profile image88

Thanks Millionaire Tips - I'll try that e-mail address.  It was a few days later, might have been more than 5, so the timer probably started.  Here's hoping!

1. Millionaire Tips profile image88
      Millionaire Tipsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

You're welcome. I hope you are able to find a solution.  I vaguely remember having a some kind of problem when I first started (might have been a very similar problem) but I don't remember how it got fixed, it just somehow did.

working