jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Why no one is reading my hubs?

1. BarBoga profile image60
    BarBogaposted 22 months ago

What am I doing wrong?

1. peachpurple profile image79
      peachpurpleposted 22 months ago in reply to this

Try to change your title first. Don't bother about the URL. Make it unique and then people will read

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 21 months ago in reply to this

You may not be doing anything wrong.   Remember there are millions and millions of articles on the internet - just because you've written one, doesn't mean it will get noticed. 

One way to get a few readers is to be active on HubPages - join the forums, find other Hubbers whose work interests you and follow them, read and comment on other Hubs, etc. 

The issue of how to get search engine traffic to your Hubs is a big topic and a learning curve!

2. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 22 months ago

Have you checked out the Learning Center?

You will want to make sure you follow best practices for making content, and then there are articles on traffic and promotion too.

3. colorfulone profile image88
    colorfuloneposted 22 months ago

I see you are writing about "How To Be Happy". smile
    When I searched that topic on Google I found that it returned "About 597,000,000 results", so it is very competitive to get traffic to your hubs through people using those search terms I would imagine.
    Best wishes!

1. skear profile image92
      skearposted 21 months ago in reply to this

This is a great point!  I try to write about niche topics that have very low competition.  The trick is finding low competition topics that have a decent amount of people searching for them.

4. LeanMan profile image80
    LeanManposted 22 months ago

Follow the advice from Relache to read the learning center.

Then read all of the hubs that are written about getting better traffic to your hubs.

Basically you need to learn about;

Keywords and keyword phrases
    How many people are searching for your keywords
    What is the competition for your keywords

Good luck and welcome..

5. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image75
    sunilkunnoth2012posted 22 months ago

Winners never quit and Quitters never win!  So be confident and work hard. Finally success will follow you. All the best.

6. aesta1 profile image87
    aesta1posted 22 months ago

When you read other people's hubs and make comments, they usually respond. Share it with your social media friends. The best is, of course, is to get traffic from search engines. Keywords, then, would be key in getting this type of traffic. As others have suggested, changing your title to include keywords people search for, may make a difference.