jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

RESOLVED: “Any Clip” Stalled Video on Hubpages

1. Genna East profile image87
    Genna Eastposted 2 years ago

What is the “Any Clip” stalled video on Hubpages?

When clicking on certain hubs or profiles, I’ve noticed that there is a black box on some of the pages that appears to be a stalled video.  A yellow circle spins at the center, with the words, “any clip” in gray at the lower right corner.  This is annoying as it slows down my entire computer.  Has anyone else noticed this?

1. Shades-of-truth profile image87
      Shades-of-truthposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I have experienced this off and on for a few weeks. It was addressed at the forum threads below:
      http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/126943
      http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/126941

Frustrating, isn't it?

1. Genna East profile image87
        Genna Eastposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thank you!  We run a couple of computers -- the one we use for HP is an XP Pro, with Chrome.  The processing speed of this system is well into the green zone.  If one uses Firefox or Chrome with XP, it does speed up in Net processing time as opposed to using the direct MIE as a browser.  And you are right -- it is very annoying.

2. Matthew Meyer profile image78
      Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

We are aware of these problematic ads and are working to get them blocked.
      Thank you for your patience!

2. brakel2 profile image86
    brakel2posted 2 years ago via iphone

I had one on a question page yesterday. It ran for a while without sound then stalled. I foolishly thought it was a tutorial in answer to my question.

1. Shades-of-truth profile image87
      Shades-of-truthposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Well, I don't particularly think that is foolish thinking. With some of the things that crop up online, how would one know?

2. Genna East profile image87
      Genna Eastposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Brakel, I didn't know what the flip this thing was.  I should have checked with the forums before I posted this comment.  Shades already had posted a couple of very helpful forums about this problem, and I saw the response by HP tech staff.  Still, the problem hasn't been resolved.

Closed to reply

working