personal experience for hub, link to personal website.

1. vrdelta profile image60
    vrdeltaposted 22 months ago

Hello fellow hubbers. I'm Michael. First is that I want to write a hub on homelessness which I personally experienced. Can that be done? Also can I link to my website which may or may not be related to a topic on a hub I may publish.

1. Barbara Kay profile image86
      Barbara Kayposted 22 months ago in reply to this

Yes, you may write about homelessness. You can only link to your website if it is about the same topic as your hub is about.

2. Kylyssa profile image95
      Kylyssaposted 22 months ago in reply to this

Absolutely! You can and I have done so. I've been very successful with it to the point of getting my writing on homelessness included in social studies textbooks.

Please do write about your experiences! When you link to other sites, including your own, just make sure that they are very closely related as to topic.  For instance, if the hub you write is about rough sleeping (sleeping outside while homeless), only link to pieces about rough sleeping not pieces about other aspects of homelessness. If your own website is blog-like in that it has individual entries, it's probably best to link to individual posts rather than the whole blog.

People need to see the human side of homelessness.

Thank you and good luck!