jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Whoa- what happened?

1. Rochelle Frank profile image88
    Rochelle Frankposted 7 years ago

I had something like 861 views today-- which is about 770 higher than my usual highest.
    I think three were stumbled upon... why? I don't know.
    My new Hubmob dinner one got over 300 views, for which I am really pleased. I don't know if I made any pennies -- I'm still at about a total of $60 for the past 9 months, and the largest amount came from selling rat traps and rodent repellent-- go figure. I guess it was from the "Mice in the Motor" hub.   One never knows... (build a better mousetrap?-- it may be true.)

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90
      Patty Inglish, MSposted 7 years ago in reply to this

It's great - every time I do a Hub title that approaches a Yahoo news or feature item (I have not done so purposely yet) I receive tons of page views.

2. Misha profile image75
      Mishaposted 7 years ago

That's a good traffic Rochelle smile I like your "something like 861 view" though wink

3. Dame Scribe profile image60
      Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

Thats fantastic Rochelle! the numbers come from the strangest places, I agree lol

4. thranax profile image59
      thranaxposted 7 years ago

The views are great, but how many are clicking/reading your article? Thats what I learned about stumpleupon, I used google anyalics months ago and on most of the stumpled traffic they were there for a few seconds then moved away.

5. Rochelle Frank profile image88
      Rochelle Frankposted 7 years ago

Yes, I know about that...  and I don't expect it to make money, but it never happened before. It's sort of like the bubble exploding game. The satisfaction of getting a high score that doesn't really mean anything in a tangible sense.  Just for fun.

1. Zsuzsy Bee profile image84
        Zsuzsy Beeposted 7 years ago in reply to this

It doesn't matter if it doesn't bring in a lot of pennies its just feels great to those high view numbers. Good for you Rochelle, you shouldn't be surprised though as your hubs are great.
        regards Zsuzsy