jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Anyone noticed it is Christmas?? Do you think that affects earnings?

1. LeanMan profile image81
    LeanManposted 22 months ago

Lots of people are complaining about lost traffic, reduced CPMs and other things. Often blaming it on the changes to the site....

People seem to forget that it is Christmas! This is going to change the behavior or both the people that search for your information and the advertisers.

I am expecting a massive drop in traffic and earnings; most of my stuff is business related. So that means I get most of my visitors Monday to Friday while they are sat at their desks. It also tails off massively when it is holiday time as people are away from work or they are searching for gifts rather than work.

I am sure that those people that have Christmas related hubs will have seen a surge in traffic - not surprising?

Less people will be online - they are shopping, visiting family, recovering from Christmas party hangovers etc.

Advertisers that will see a massive drop in sales over Christmas will either reduce their advertising or stop it so you will see a fall in CPM. While Toys R US may increase their advertising.....

Merry Christmas everyone.... Enjoy your family and friends and stop worrying about HP....

1. LasanthaW profile image78
      LasanthaWposted 22 months ago in reply to this

It is a general theory that you must always diversify your business. Diversification will help you to escape from various environmental factors that affect your business such as political, economic, social and technological factors. If you cater to only one or two segments, definitely your business might be affected by these factors.
      So, write hubs about various topics. Then Christmas will not affect your earnings.

2. paradigmsearch profile image90
      paradigmsearchposted 22 months ago in reply to this

Agreed. I'm reserving all my heart attacks for the new year. big_smile

2. Mark Ewbie profile image83
    Mark Ewbieposted 22 months ago

My page about a Xmas stickman nearly saw a visitor this month although they back-arrowed before the page had loaded.

Meanwhile my other page about a stickman who likes sitting on the beach browsing the Amazon gift catalogue for merchandise relating to summer expenditure gets no visitors in any season.

I can't understand it.

Fortunately I am extremely stupid.

1. paradigmsearch profile image90
      paradigmsearchposted 22 months ago in reply to this

3. Sue Adams profile image93
    Sue Adamsposted 22 months ago

For me, traffic is down but earnings are up.

4. aesta1 profile image87
    aesta1posted 22 months ago

My gift hubs are getting traffic and earnings while my other hubs barely see visitors but it is only for the season. I suppose diversification helps.

5. The Examiner-1 profile image85
    The Examiner-1posted 22 months ago

It is not Christmas for another 11 days. Ten if you go to Christmas Eve.