jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Question about changing the title of my Hub Pages article

1. jeff61b profile image91
    jeff61bposted 2 years ago

I changed the title of my Hub Pages article after it was published. Now the url for the article contains the old title which does not match the new title. I'm wondering if people will have difficulty finding my article by searching on the title. I know Hub Pages makes the article searchable by the title but I suspect it is based on the old title.
    Is there any way I can get the article changed so the search criteria is matching the title?

Should I delete the original article and repost it with the new title?

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image92
      DzyMsLizzyposted 2 years ago in reply to this

No worries.  While the URL stays the same, it is the new title that will show up in search; the URL will still take readers to the same Hub, because that is embedded, and it is unrelated to the displayed title, which is treated more like text in the rest of the article.
      I've changed titles several times on some of my hubs. 
      (That's the best I can explain it--I know it doesn't matter to the search results, but I'm not a techie, and don't have enough understanding of the why and how behind the scenes.  All I need to know is that it works.  LOL)

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
        Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

MsLizzy, your knowledge is growing by leaps and bounds - perfect answer!

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image92
          DzyMsLizzyposted 2 years ago in reply to this

**takes a blushing bow**  Thank you, Marisa!

2. profile image0
    ArtDivaposted 2 years ago

Several of mine have different titles. Are you saying they all have to be reposted? What happens if you match the titles?

3. LeanMan profile image81
    LeanManposted 2 years ago

Does not matter that the title and the URL do not match..... Don't worry....

1. profile image0
      ArtDivaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thank you! Needed to hear that.

4. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 2 years ago

I change my titles all the time!I agree with DzyMsLizzy... wink

5. jeff61b profile image91
    jeff61bposted 2 years ago

Thanks for the responses. This is the information I needed.

working