jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Earn from HP by writing on Football (Soccer) niche is possible?

1. worldsoccer profile image62
    worldsoccerposted 22 months ago

Lot of people earning through HP by writing on numerous niches. I am writing on Football, is there anyone who is earning from HP but only writing on Soccer. Is it possible?

2. LeanMan profile image80
    LeanManposted 22 months ago

When writing on any subject you need to check a few things....

Are people searching for the keywords that you are using within your article (The subject of your hub).. If they are not searching for it then you will get no readers except through social sharing..

Is there a lot of competition... See if others on HP have already written about it - Google will only show one or two results from one site.. Do a search on Google - does it show all established niche sites and news outlets that you cannot outrank?

I am sure that there will be people searching for many aspects of your subject but competition both within HP and from other sites is likely to be an issue.

3. Millionaire Tips profile image90
    Millionaire Tipsposted 22 months ago

I think you can be successful talking about soccer.  Most of my traffic is from the US, so I don't know if you will get much more from the UK if you talk about UK sports.  My advice to you is to just do it and see what happens.  Write a couple of articles and see if they are worth your time.

Write evergreen articles - players stats, historical stuff, players' profiles - instead of current topics (yesterday's game) which will get old quickly.

4. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    LindaSmith1posted 22 months ago

Search Google Trends for which sports topics are hot topics

5. EricDockett profile image96
    EricDockettposted 22 months ago

I tried writing about sports here a few years ago. IMO, it's really tough to crack through the top sports and news sites. You probably aren't going to do it writing about the 10 best or sexiest players (Are they the same guys? I didn't look.)

If soccer is what you love you should write about it, but you need to come at it from a creative angle. Tell people what you think, be a little controversial, distinguish yourself and be an expert. Come up with more in-depth ideas beyond what the typical blogger is writing about.  If you have the knowledge to coach soccer you might want to write more about that too.

If you still want to write about the top 10 best players you can link it to your other Hubs that bring in better traffic. The cool thing about writing in a niche is that you can link your content together in a logical way and use high-traffic articles to support lower-traffic ones.