jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (22 posts)

Help. My hub is said to have spamming elements. Please Help

1. adamparsec profile image74
    adamparsecposted 2 years ago

http://adamparsec.hubpages.com/hub/How- … -your-iPad

Above is the link to my hub I have edited, over and over again.
    It has just been un-published due to it containing spamming elements.
    Could someone please offer me some help identify the issues with my hub.
    I have spent well over a month working and polishing this and any assistance you can provide me would be great.
    I am so stressed and now have hit a wall.

Thank you in advanced to the fantastic, helpful, people who help me.

Adam

1. Millionaire Tips profile image89
      Millionaire Tipsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

We can't read it if it is not published. So your problem may have been fixed.

You can't have more than two links to any one outside site.  I didn't see that you broke the rule, but you may want to check. I saw two to Dropbox, and 2 to your website. I also saw one to your Facebook page.  I wonder if someone thought the one to Facebook was also going to your website.

adamparsecposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thank you. I removed a link to my web site and then published it again. However, I don't know if that was the 'spamming elements' they referred to.
        It is frustrating trying to fix something when I really don't know what part of the Hub they are referring to. I am concerned with doing more editing, just to find out I was looking in the wrong place to start with.

2. PinoyMom profile image78
      PinoyMomposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I noticed that there are lots of links on your hub.  We are only allowed to have two links in our hub. 

Putting more than two links or hyperlinks inside your hub makes it over promotional.  Refused from repeating words like ipad - it makes your hub spammy.

1. EricDockett profile image94
        EricDockettposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Actually, as MT stated above, the rule is no more than  two links to any one domain. So, he can have that many links, as long as no more than two go to the same site.

Of course where he linked to matters as well, which may be where his trouble exists.

Thank you, I have read the help articles over and over again until my brain started to melt.
          Should I break the tutorial up in to Hubs?
          1st Hub on Setting up dropbox for use with the tutorial.
          2nd Hub on Making the comic and so on.
          I just wanted to have a tutorial that was self contained without having to leave the main hub.

1. EricDockett profile image94
            EricDockettposted 2 years ago in reply to this

You can break it up if you want to, but I don't think it is especially long. However, you do have 73 images in your Hub. ( ! )That seems excessive, even for a tutorial.

2. justholidays profile image75
        justholidaysposted 2 years ago in reply to this

In reality it's 2 links PER SAME domain, not two links in general...

1. t aaron brown profile image83
          t aaron brownposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I know the rule has been presented as "no more that two per same domain," but I remain concerned. If you have a low score, or can't get featured, you may need to reduce hyperlinks and any that  go to pages too unrelated.

I suggest replacing some hyperlinks with quoted material and follow that with proper citation/attribution.

1. psycheskinner profile image81
            psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

This is simply not correct. You can have as many links as you like, it is not penalized.

2. relache profile image87
            relacheposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Since HubPages penalizes for duplicate content, how would adding quoted material to a Hub already identified as spammy be helpful?  Quoted material is duplication.

3. t aaron brown profile image83
      t aaron brownposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Bold/Italic text.  I am pruning hub too. It hasn't made the Featured category after a few tries.  I had previously put some words in bold for the reader and was also referencing the custom of hashtaging by also using hashtagged words.  One of the problems that may have knocked my scored down, as with you, is the overuse of bold or italicizing. You may want to reduce that.

You might also consider reducing how many times you use the same keyword or product name. I know that is usually meant for SEO scores, but you may have reached the tipping point and received a "stuffing" penalty.

4. galleryofgrace profile image82
      galleryofgraceposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Is your facebook page related to the subject of the hub??? If not-it's spam or may be called 'self-promotion", which is not allowed.

Hmm, this is a very tricking one. The Facebook page is devoted to my comics, however, tutorials and advice will be it's new focus.

2. EricDockett profile image94
    EricDockettposted 2 years ago

If you think your Hub is okay you can always email HP and ask them. I suspect your links are your problem, particularly the one telling people to go to your website and download something.

I will try sending an email like you have suggested. I tired of trying to guess where I have gone wrong.

Thank you all for your help. It is great to see a community like this willing to help.

3. Mark Ewbie profile image84
    Mark Ewbieposted 2 years ago

Wow.  That is one of the best hubs I have seen - no bull.  Fantastic!

1. Writer Fox profile image79
      Writer Foxposted 2 years ago in reply to this

+1

2. Writer Fox profile image79

+1

3. Writer Fox profile image79

+1

4. Writer Fox profile image79

+1

4. adamparsec profile image74
    adamparsecposted 2 years ago

Thank you all for your advice, it has been great.
    My hub is still published at the moment. I'm not to sure how often they get checked or if it is just a bot that randomly scans the hubs looking for violation.
    It may have been one of the links to my site, one that I have removed.

Once again,

Thank you fellow Hubbers for your advice.

Adam

working