jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Low Quality?

1. kschimmel profile image79
    kschimmelposted 2 years ago

I have increased the word count of this hub. It has quality pictures and relevant video, it is not overly promotional--so why is it considered "low quality"?  I have longer hubs, for sure, but I also have shorter ones that have had no problems.  Does HubPages just assume everything related to essential oils is low quality?  I don't even sell oils--just wanted to share my experiences, like I do in many of my other hubs.

Help from fellow hubbers is appreciated: http://kschimmel.hubpages.com/hub/My-Ex … ntial-Oils

1. Millionaire Tips profile image89
      Millionaire Tipsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I took a look at your article, and I think it is a good one.  It may just have been the rater. 
      If this was my hub, I would make these changes:

I would move the last sentence of the article up to somewhere deeper in the hub. Your next to last sentence is a good conclusion.

In the middle section - (where you describe which oils you use), I would add more to the lead-in paragraph to tell the reader why you are talking about yourself. Maybe the rater thought it was too blog-like and personal.  Tell your readers you hope that they too can try out one or more of the oils, and also can get the benefits.

I would add extra information to the hub. Since you are introducing essential oils to the reader, they don't know much about them, so answer some questions.  Here's some I have. I wonder how to deal with such a concentrated thing. Do most bottles have droppers, and how do I keep from using too much or spilling, etc.  What else do I need to know about these things since I've never used them.  What about quality - are there some places I shouldn't get them.  I remember seeing some street vendors selling them - are those safe?

1. Millionaire Tips profile image89
        Millionaire Tipsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Also I would try to find another video.   There is distracting noise every time he moves, and most people don't want to sit in on a classroom.  Find something more fun and polished.

kschimmelposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Gave up and published it on my Subversive Living blog instead.  If the hopper hates you, it apparently doesn't matter how many improvements are made.

2. peachpurple profile image78
      peachpurpleposted 2 years ago in reply to this

i have read it, at least better than my hubs. You did well. Maybe the word count ? 700-1200 words?

2. kschimmel profile image79
    kschimmelposted 2 years ago

Thanks, I'll give your tips a try later today.  I've got a Christmas party to attend.  i appreciate your help!

kschimmelposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Replaced video with better video, increased word count slightly and rearranged some sentences.  I think somebody in the hopper just hates essential oils.  Any more suggestions, or should I just delete the hub and use it as blog material?  It's too bad, as I got some comments on this hub--some people liked it, when they were able to find it.

Squidoo was more fun--I at least knew what was wrong the few times I had trouble, because somebody TOLD me.

working