jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Can I get some feedback for my hub?

1. William Sinclair profile image81
    William Sinclairposted 22 months ago

I'm quite new here, and was just wondering if anyone could give me some feedback on my first hubs. Do you like the writing style, is there anything I can improve on, etc?

1. Millionaire Tips profile image90
      Millionaire Tipsposted 22 months ago in reply to this

Welcome to HubPages.

I took a look at your Paddington Bear hub.  You write well, which is a big plus for a writing site.

Here are some random thoughts.

1.  Book and movie reviews do not do very well here, because as soon as people forget about the book or movie, they stop reading your hub as well.  Unless you write about classics, do comparison/contrasts, or find some other way to make the hub evergreen, or manage to get lucky and be one of the first writers to review a very popular book or movie, you won't make much money or get many readers.

2.  I would recommend breaking up your long paragraphs.  Internet readers like to skim and read quickly.  They would prefer short paragraphs over long walls of text.

3.  Your images are nice, but I'm not sure if you have permission to use them.  Make sure you use images that are not copyrighted, or you have express permission to use them.  While I doubt anyone would sue you if you used their image to say nice things about them, they might if you say not-so nice things. And if you always say nice things, it isn't much of a review, is it?

2. 0
    B J Hansenposted 22 months ago

Hi William.

I really enjoyed the Paddington Bear Hub. Very well written, and a great subject (pauses for bite of marmalade sandwich.)

Hope you stick around and write many more Hubs.

PS... love the Hartnell picture.

3. William Sinclair profile image81
    William Sinclairposted 22 months ago

Thanks for your feedback guys, I'll definitely keep your advice in mind. Glad you liked my writing, I wasn't sure if it was up to snuff.

4. SmartAndFun profile image90
    SmartAndFunposted 22 months ago

One quick suggestion for the Paddington article might be to include the words "feature film" or "movie" in your title. I think it would help those looking for a review of the movie (rather than the Paddington books and cartoons) find and click on your article.

1. William Sinclair profile image81
      William Sinclairposted 22 months ago in reply to this

Thanks that makes sense, I've done as you suggested smile