jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Help- stolen content!

1. sparkleyfinger profile image90
    sparkleyfingerposted 22 months ago

How do I file a dmca if I am unable to find a contact for the website? Someone has stolen one of my hubs, and made an attempt at badly inserting some extra words... So bad!

2. mary615 profile image95
    mary615posted 22 months ago

I had  a poem I published on HP about two years ago.  I later unpublished it because it always had a low score and very little traffic.    I decided to publish it again.  HP said it was a duplicate, and it was!  A Blogger copied my poem word for word in 2014.  HP directed me to the Learning Center to file a complaint.  I am now pursuing that.  I politely asked the Blogger to removed my poem.   Three days later it is still there.   I think you will find the info you are looking for in our LC.  Sorry this happened to you.  Good luck!

3. Ramkitten2000 profile image95
    Ramkitten2000posted 22 months ago

Rarely is it ever worth the time or effort to contact the webmaster/owner of the site. The vast majority of people realize that taking something that isn't theirs is wrong, so they don't care that they've stolen something. Just go directly to the hosting company. If it's a Blogger blog, then the host is Google. Otherwise, you can plug the URL in here to find out which host company it is and then look up their contact information, specifically their complaint department.

Once I find out which hosting company it is, I usually do a search (Google, Yahoo search, whatever) to get the contact email address. Often, but not always, it's something like abuse@nameofhost.com.

Contacting the domain registrar doesn't usually work.

Plagiarism is rampant, and some of us have had our articles, blog posts, Squidoo lenses, hubs, etc. stolen dozens if not hundreds and even in some cases thousands of times. The scrapers work fast.

4. Sam Montana profile image85
    Sam Montanaposted 22 months ago

What type of website? The reason I ask is because I just found an article of mine that had been stolen on a blogger website. So in that case, Google has a separate DMCA form to fill out and then submit to Google for their Blogger sites.

I have heard you can send it to who is listed as the owner in Whois.com. Here is a website that might help. I also look forward to answers to this question.

http://www.ipwatchdog.com/2009/07/06/sa … r/id=4501/

5. Phyllis Doyle profile image96
    Phyllis Doyleposted 22 months ago

That is so frustrating. Here is a link to an article by HubPages that will help you get started:

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/how- … -complaint

I hope you can get this cleared up. Good luck to you.

6. mary615 profile image95
    mary615posted 22 months ago

I guess I've been lucky (or just such a lousy writer that no one wants to steal my stuff).  I filed a DMCA complaint with Google tonight cause the lady who stole my poem is a blogger on Blogspot.   Their form was very easy to complete.  I'm hoping she will remove my poem so I can publish it here.

7. ladyguitarpicker profile image83
    ladyguitarpickerposted 22 months ago

That is just terrible what is the purpose? You can not like something you did not write.Even If my stuff does not suite others I at least know I wrote it. Hope it all gets straight,

8. aesta1 profile image88
    aesta1posted 22 months ago

Today, I got a message from HP that 3 of my hubs' content had been stolen. I am happy to have this HP service and included in it when you click the warning is the url of the sites that copied my content. It was then easy for me to file a DMCA report in Google's Webmaster tools.