jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

All Capitals in Headers Alert - Autocorrect Issue

1. t aaron brown profile image82
    t aaron brownposted 22 months ago

I received a helpful reminder that I was not to use all capitals in my headers.  I thought that I was also going to receive bad grading/scores for this. The autobot offered to correct the situation. I accepted. Thank you autobot...oops I forgot I had acronyms in my headers. Instead of an acronym, I now have a weird capitalized term "Suav" rather than "sUAV" = small unmanned aerial vehicle.

My hub is published/featured and I have shared many links to it. Do I go back and make the correction or do I leave it alone? If I make an edit, will my links to the hub no longer work?

I have read that some made edits to their published hubs and then lost publication.

1. NateB11 profile image93
      NateB11posted 22 months ago in reply to this

No you don't lose links when you edit Hubs. The only changes that occur when you edit are the changes you make while editing. The Hub remains published.

As far as if you should correct the acronym, I'm not really sure, but what I understand about what you're saying is that you were just given a reminder about it and not told that it was absolutely forbidden. If that's the case, I'd think it would be alright to correct it.

As far as why that's a rule, I think Google frowns on the use of eye-catching or deceptive titles using symbols, capitals, etc. I know that's not what you were doing, just giving what I believe is the background on that rule/suggestion not to use all caps.

Not sure the effect on Hub score, if you are concerned. But I'll say as long as it's passes as featured, generally everything's okay. Hub score only really has effect on the use of backlinks; outgoing links and whether they are counted toward another domain. Outside of that, it would have no effect on your traffic, etc.

2. Millionaire Tips profile image89
      Millionaire Tipsposted 22 months ago in reply to this

Go ahead and fix it. The autocorrect features are there to help us, not to dictate what we should or should not do.  Changing it won't affect the links.  In fact, you can make any change you want to the title, even a substantial one, and the links will be fine, since it is based on the url and not the title.

2. t aaron brown profile image82
    t aaron brownposted 22 months ago

Thank you all for the feedback. Made the quick change. All is well.