RESOLVED: Random Pop Ups?

1. Pollyanna Jones profile image98
    Pollyanna Jonesposted 22 months ago

Someone has informed me via FB that when they clicked on one of my Hubs, it brought up pop ups for all sorts of things. I've replied to them to ask if they can provide further details, but has anyone else ever experienced this problem? I don't get any pop ups when I look at anything on HubPages, whether they are mine or anyone else's.

The only time that I have had random pop ups appear, was when we accidently installed some programme with freeware that caused an advert to appear whenever you hovered the mouse over a picture. We got it sorted though; it was a bug with our computer, not the sites were were looking at.

The Hub that the person reported that this was happening to them with, is this one: http://pollyannajones[dot]hubpages[dot]com/hub/The-Magic-of-Mistletoe

1. Matthew Meyer profile image76
      Matthew Meyerposted 22 months ago in reply to this

It could be that there is malware or adware on their computer.
      That being said, there are occasionally rogue ads that result in pop-up or pop-over content.
      These ads are not permitted.
      There is currently a know issue for one such pop-up here.

If you personally witness such ads, you can report them here.

This post outlines the information needed to best address any potential rogue ads.

1. Pollyanna Jones profile image98
        Pollyanna Jonesposted 22 months ago in reply to this

Thanks Matthew, I'll keep an eye out.

After having more information from the person that initially brought this to my attention, it seems that it is simply the new layout of the HubPages that is causing them distress. I explained that these are part of the site, and they are legitimate, but to let me know if anything strange appears.