Hello, my fellow hubbers!
I hope all is well with you.
This is Jharz from the Philippines, and I'm new here at HubPages. I just have a few questions (kindly see below) regarding posting Amazon affiliate links on my hubs.
1. Am I allowed to post my own Amazon affiliate links on my hubs? If yes, how many Amazon affiliate links are allowed per 700-word long hub and per 1000-word long hub?
2. Am I allowed to post both my own Amazon affiliate links and HubPages' Amazon affiliate links on my hubs? If yes, how many Amazon affiliate links (both mine and HubPages') are allowed per 700-word long hub, and per 1000-word long hub?
3. Are there any other rules with regard to posting Amazon affiliate links on my hubs that I should know as a newbie here on HubPages?
4. Do you have any tips and advice that you want to share that might help me become a successful hubber?
Thank you in advance, and I look forward to receiving your responses.
Have wonderful, blessed day!
1. You are allowed 2 links in a hub to any one site. This includes Amazon affiliate links.
2. You can use one Amazon capsule product for every 50 words of text. (This is a low ratio, and you will find you need many more than 50 words of text). The links are added automatically when you add a capsule.
3. Everything you sell, and any links, must be DIRECTLY related to the text. So if your hub is about pens, don't add any pencils in your capsules. I know they are close, but they are not directly related.
4. Be sure to read the learning center articles. They have very useful information, and will give you the correct information. Also read lots of hubs. You will get lots of good ideas that way.
All that being said, remember that Amazon is not the only way to make money here. You can earn money by writing quality articles and getting money for views through HP Earnings program.
Jharz, Millionaire Tips' advice is correct. It can be a bit confusing, at first.
Text ads leading to Amazon are limited to two, per hub, according to my understanding.
Amazon capsules are viewed differently. You can have several of those, but as Millionaire Tips said, they have to be related to the hub's contents. I also found out that you will get a friendly warning, if you group several of them together.
You asked how many Amazon links for 700 words of text, or 1000 words of text. For 700, it would be 14, for 1000, it would be 20. If you have 800 words of text, technically you could have 16 Amazon capsules - however, your article would simply look like a sales site.
Better not to saturate the article with Amazon capsules - it looks a great deal more professional.
I am recently here, as of a few months ago, from another writing site that HP acquired. Those of you who are seasoned please correct me, if my info is not correct.
P.S. Jharz, many of us were confused about the Amazon links, Amazon capsules, and the limits thereof.
Sales here are nil. I make sales from other sites, and have more than one Amazon capsule.
by Vimlaksh G6 years ago
I am not sure about this one and couldn't find an answer in any of the posts so I thought I should ask. I have set up an Amazon shop and would to link to it, but is it allowed?
by Blake Atkinson5 years ago
I'm about two weeks into this whole hub pages thing. I was just wondering how much income you more experienced hubbers receive from amazon compared to AdPages and eBay. Thanks, Cydro
by Earl Noah Bernsby3 years ago
Hey all,I posted this query in an older thread of mine with no joy. In retrospect, I probably should have posted the question independently:
by michifus4 years ago
I have noticed that all of my hubs that contain affiliate links have now been marked as being in violation of the terms and conditions of hubpages.Hubpages must have forgotten to mention that affiliate links are now...
by S Bollinger6 years ago
I have a hubpage that I need to put a affiliates link on so that visitors will be able to go directly to the site where this offer can be purchased from. I am not sure how to go about doing this yet. Can someone please...
by sunilmuse6 years ago
Hi guys,I'd like to cloak my Amazon affiliate links on my hubpages. What is the best way of doing this?Many thanks.Sunil.
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.