Hello, my fellow hubbers!
I hope all is well with you.
This is Jharz from the Philippines, and I'm new here at HubPages. I just have a few questions (kindly see below) regarding posting Amazon affiliate links on my hubs.
1. Am I allowed to post my own Amazon affiliate links on my hubs? If yes, how many Amazon affiliate links are allowed per 700-word long hub and per 1000-word long hub?
2. Am I allowed to post both my own Amazon affiliate links and HubPages' Amazon affiliate links on my hubs? If yes, how many Amazon affiliate links (both mine and HubPages') are allowed per 700-word long hub, and per 1000-word long hub?
3. Are there any other rules with regard to posting Amazon affiliate links on my hubs that I should know as a newbie here on HubPages?
4. Do you have any tips and advice that you want to share that might help me become a successful hubber?
Thank you in advance, and I look forward to receiving your responses.
Have wonderful, blessed day!
1. You are allowed 2 links in a hub to any one site. This includes Amazon affiliate links.
2. You can use one Amazon capsule product for every 50 words of text. (This is a low ratio, and you will find you need many more than 50 words of text). The links are added automatically when you add a capsule.
3. Everything you sell, and any links, must be DIRECTLY related to the text. So if your hub is about pens, don't add any pencils in your capsules. I know they are close, but they are not directly related.
4. Be sure to read the learning center articles. They have very useful information, and will give you the correct information. Also read lots of hubs. You will get lots of good ideas that way.
All that being said, remember that Amazon is not the only way to make money here. You can earn money by writing quality articles and getting money for views through HP Earnings program.
Jharz, Millionaire Tips' advice is correct. It can be a bit confusing, at first.
Text ads leading to Amazon are limited to two, per hub, according to my understanding.
Amazon capsules are viewed differently. You can have several of those, but as Millionaire Tips said, they have to be related to the hub's contents. I also found out that you will get a friendly warning, if you group several of them together.
You asked how many Amazon links for 700 words of text, or 1000 words of text. For 700, it would be 14, for 1000, it would be 20. If you have 800 words of text, technically you could have 16 Amazon capsules - however, your article would simply look like a sales site.
Better not to saturate the article with Amazon capsules - it looks a great deal more professional.
I am recently here, as of a few months ago, from another writing site that HP acquired. Those of you who are seasoned please correct me, if my info is not correct.
P.S. Jharz, many of us were confused about the Amazon links, Amazon capsules, and the limits thereof.
Sales here are nil. I make sales from other sites, and have more than one Amazon capsule.
by michifus4 years ago
I have noticed that all of my hubs that contain affiliate links have now been marked as being in violation of the terms and conditions of hubpages.Hubpages must have forgotten to mention that affiliate links are now...
by Vimlaksh G6 years ago
I am not sure about this one and couldn't find an answer in any of the posts so I thought I should ask. I have set up an Amazon shop and would to link to it, but is it allowed?
by Earl Noah Bernsby2 years ago
Hey all,I posted this query in an older thread of mine with no joy. In retrospect, I probably should have posted the question independently:
by Brandon Hart3 years ago
I like to add in-text links when I'm talking about certain products as I not only think they are some of the most effective, but also some of the most helpful. What I don't understand is why there is a limit of 2...
by S Bollinger6 years ago
I have a hubpage that I need to put a affiliates link on so that visitors will be able to go directly to the site where this offer can be purchased from. I am not sure how to go about doing this yet. Can someone please...
by Laura Schneider2 years ago
I tried to add an amazon capsule to a hub the other day. Hm. No results. In fact, a search on "book" turned up no results. Very interesting. The hub tool must be broken.Later, I went to check on my Amazon...
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.